Role: Senior Designer
Client - The Guardian
Working in partnership with our client and on-site team, you will be responsible for creating impactful and engaging design solutions across a mix of channels. You’ll have a great track record of delivering highly conceptual design and be keen to challenge and influence our client’s thinking. Applying your own creative initiative, you’ll be constantly pushing creative boundaries to deliver best in class design to inspire and engage our client’s audience.
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
You are a senior designer with an impressive portfolio who is a proactive and independent creative thinker able to own a project from start to finish; and if you are interested in an opportunity to work with The Guardian to help them strengthen their brand and product presence in the competitive media landscape.
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
You will be based on-site
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
- Generating strong conceptual design and applying industry best practice to ensure impact
- Creating best in class creative solutions for ATL, BTL and TTL campaigns
- Influencing and owning look&feel across all products in our client’s brand portfolio
- Owning projects from start to finish — working collaboratively across teams on ideation, asset creation and implementation
- Working under direction from the creative and design directors as well as using your own initiative
- Handling multiple projects simultaneously and thriving in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Developing an effective working relationship with colleagues and clients
- Managing workloads within agreed timescales
- Monitoring proactively quality, accuracy and consistency
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE GREAT AT THIS ROLE:
- Deep affinity with impactful graphics, typography, layout, communication hierarchy and idea generation
- Excellent understanding of brand guidelines and graphic design principles
- Familiarity with a range of content formats from print and digital OOH, print ads, and brochures to social media and online content
- A high level of craft and excellent typography skills
- Great communication skills that allow you to sell ideas in an effective way
- Good understanding of working practices in Advertising, PR or creative media
- Proactive, solutions-focus mindset with sharp brief comprehension
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- A working knowledge of motion design and storyboarding is a bonus
- Keen sense of personal responsibility, for the quality control, presentation and accuracy of all work
- 2+ years’ experience as a senior designer working in a marketing/design/advertising role
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Many companies talk about having a unique and thriving business model, but the Inside Ideas Group truly does. This means that we have been named in the top 500 of the Financial Times fastest-growing companies in Europe 2018!
What IIG does is provide clients with dedicated, on-site agencies that are built from the ground up. These agencies live and work right at the very heart of our client’s organisation. Delivering precisely the skills and capacity they require, complemented by brand talent from our whole business on everything from planning to execution
This business model creates a truly entrepreneurial, fast paced, challenging and rewarding environment to work in!
We are a company built on our values, we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious to succeed
Be Imaginative to push the boundaries of what’s possible
Be Inspirational to do groundbreaking work
Be always learning and listening to understand
Be Results-focused to exceed expectations
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.