Role: Editorial Copywriter
Working in partnership with our client, Editorial Copywriter will be joining an incredibly exciting strategic project within the client's marketing team, which aims to bring to life the end to end home ownership journey, driving engagement and ultimately greater product uptake.
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
We are looking for a strong writer, editor and interviewer who works well with very senior stakeholders, web teams, agency partners and has a good grasp of digital content, as well as other digital channels including social media, including content creation and publication.
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
Client has an Editorial Head of department, and this role would report into them, so we would expect the candidate to be comfortable having work peer-reviewed and willing to engage positively with feedback and insight
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
- This role will be focused on content creation, ensuring quality and timely delivery. It's really critical that you are willing and able to get stuck into the day-to-day of the job - this role is primarily for an Editorial Copywriter with excellent interviewing skills, but you need to be multi-skilled and excited about different content formats and a variety of channels, as well as managing editorial calendars and processes.
- As part of your role you'll be responsible for creating and managing editorial content for our website. You need to be confident in working with various stakeholders and agencies, and for the work to be effective, you will also need to work closely with the SEO and UX specialists, sharing your content ideas with them early in the process to make sure they can add value from synopsis stage.
- You may also work with agencies to create social media assets and posts to support editorial activity.
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
- Working within your team, with agencies and with the wider marketing team, you’ll be conceptualising and creating content for the website and potentially non-Barclays media including social. This means you need to be highly skilled at interviewing and creating long-form copy, as well as confident in short-form copy for social assets and posts. You'll also be able to spot opportunities to collaborate with other parts of the business to increase content reach and engagement, as well as on the ball with industry trends and opinion.
- Ensuring communications are on message, aligned to Barclays brand values, adhere to regulatory requirements, and empathetic to the economic and social environment
- Develop relationships with key colleagues and stakeholders across the business to ensure all content meet business requirements
- Working with agencies to create audio and visual assets for web and social channels
- Hold a customer-centric mindset – deep questioning of the brief, skilful editing and simplification of message
- Excellent liaison skills; talk directly to client as well as manage own timelines
- Articulate the rationale for their work, challenge assumptions, negotiate changes and advocate best practice; essentially create ‘bomb-proof’ work
- Engage confidently with stakeholders to understand a brief, quiz them for detail (producct and legal) needed to produce great content
- Comfortable having work peer reviewed and willing to engage positively with feedback
- Initiative, decision making, creative thinking, curiosity, performance mindset
- Resilient and able to deal with changing priorities, lack of clarity and difficult feedback
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Lots of agencies say they're different. OLIVER is.
OLIVER believes that agencies work better inside a brand's organisation; delivering more effective work at the speed required to drive modern businesses forward. Using our unique Inside Intelligence methodology, we build specialist, dedicated in-house agencies that collaborate with clients to form better marketing solutions.
Established in 2004, our model is now driven by over 2000 people, working across more than 200 in-house agencies globally. Clients include The Guardian, Unilever, Barclaycard, PepsiCo, AXA, The AA, Adidas, BMW, Post Office, and 3M. OLIVER is part of the Inside Ideas Group (IIG), which also includes a global content agency to Adjust your Set, design, experience, and engineering company DARE and property marketing specialists Aylesworth Fleming.
We are a company built on our values; we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious – to succeed
Be Imaginative - to push the boundaries of what's possible
Be Inspirational - to do groundbreaking work
Be always learning and listening - to understand
Be Results-focused - to exceed expectations
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.