Role: Account Manager
Location: London / Amsterdam
Working in partnership with our client, the Account Manager will develop and build strong relationships with the different teams (local & regional), becoming a trusted and valued advisor and delivery specialist. This role delivers an exceptional level of client service and creative thinking, as well as having an active role in driving efficiencies and leading growth across platforms and categories
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
You are someone who likes to work in close collaboration with clients and brands. You are entrepreneurial and relish the opportunity to be a part of something new and dynamic.
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
This Account Manager will be based in either London or Amsterdam but part of the client service team that delivers for the client across Europe. Reporting to a Senior Account Manager, the Account Manager is part of an Account Management team of 11 people (1 x Account Director, 2 x Senior Account Managers, 4 x Account Managers and 4 x Account Executives) who client service the adidas business across the whole of Europe. The Account Manager oversees the portfolio of in-market campaigns and its cultural nuances.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
- Understand the importance of the different franchise brands across the adidas network and become the brand expert for both: client & internal production teams.
- A deep understanding of the creative/marketing business; their needs, expectations and requirements in order to provide the best service and solution through close partnership in the key market.
- Experience with global creative toolkits, market adaptations, and localisations.
- The pro-actively own and manage local client engagement and relationship management.
- Effective project management through the full lifecycle using project governance as directed by the client – receiving and interrogating briefs, attending and driving regular client and internal status meetings, escalating issues and proactively resolving problems, managing project resource and spend and making critical decisions.
- Run account meetings and take responsibility for service levels and KPIs.
- Strong background in social media & digital comms, as roughly 80% of the work will be around digital/social channels activations.
- Work closely with clients to create strong concepts from initial briefing. Understanding the local nuances to their local markets.
- As we work across a wide spectrum of teams at different levels of the regional market, our role will be key for global stakeholders to pick up useful improvement insights about EU market operations. The AM role is key for connecting global and local teams.
- Work closely with production leads and creatives to develop a brief from beginning to end.
- You ideally need to come from a background in production with a strong delivery background. You should already understand the process and nuances for delivery high volumes of adaptation work.
- Growing strong relationships with the different agencies, including their, creative origination agencies, media agencies, printers etc. Being the central point to ensure we get the work from the creative agencies on time and deliver to the media agencies and printers to their timelines.
- We need a strong team player how is willing to link with its direct and indirect colleagues to always provide a helping hand or a good work compliment.
- A strong passion for sports and / or healthy lifestyle trends.
- Interest for fashion trends (sneakers & athleisure) & marketing comms strategies.
- Strong personal choice for the adidas brand at both levels: Performance & Lifestyle.
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
- The ability to manage both individual and project workloads and identifying challenges and risks within them. You will work with your SAM on mitigation and solutions to ensure we deliver to brief.
- Executional rigour, competent in multitasking and great organisational skills.
- The ability to combine and translate complex material from different sources and contexts into stories and content that engage and resonate with in-market target audience.
- Experience in working with worldwide resource network operating through different regions, cultures, and time-zones.
- Competent in presenting and communicating ideas to clients.
- English + any other European language is a big plus. Spanish is preferred language requirement but French, Italian, Polish, Czech, Greek, Swedish also beneficial.
- 3-4 years of relevant experience in:
- Client Service or Project Management
- Paid Media
- Digital & Programmatic
- Social (Paid & Organic)
- Adapting and Activating Toolkits
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Lots of agencies say they're different. OLIVER is.
OLIVER believes that agencies work better inside a brand's organisation; delivering more effective work at the speed required to drive modern businesses forward. Using our unique Inside Intelligence methodology, we build specialist, dedicated in-house agencies that collaborate with clients to form better marketing solutions.
Established in 2004, our model is now driven by over 2000 people, working across more than 200 in-house agencies globally. Clients include The Guardian, Unilever, Barclaycard, PepsiCo, AXA, The AA, Adidas, BMW, Post Office, and 3M. OLIVER is part of the Inside Ideas Group (IIG), which also includes a global content agency to Adjust your Set, design, experience, and engineering company DARE and property marketing specialists Aylesworth Fleming.
We are a company built on our values; we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious – to succeed
Be Imaginative - to push the boundaries of what's possible
Be Inspirational - to do groundbreaking work
Be always learning and listening - to understand
Be Results-focused - to exceed expectations
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.