Role: Integrated Designer
Location: London / Henley
Working in partnership with our client, Drive projects from start to finish - working collaboratively across teams on ideation, creation and implementation. This creative responsibility will ensure solutions are realised and delivered to the highest-quality of creative standards.
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
We’re looking for someone ideally with an agency background. Financial sector knowledge a bonus but not a necessity.
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
You will be working closely with colleagues and clients producing creative artwork and design across print and digital. The client is on a very exciting creative and brand journey and we need a senior designer to join us for the ride.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
- Work with or without the CD, writer and other creative colleagues to produce creative design/campaign work with a clear rationale to accompany the work.
- Co leading or leading creative WIP’s, creative reviews and client presentations.
- Line managing a team of creatives (designers, artworkers).
- Take responsibility for the full design lifecycle from ideation and concept to execution and final delivery.
- Be a brand guardian for the client. That means knowing it inside and out, helping colleagues and clients and pushing it when appropriate.
- Creating print artwork, event and campaign collateral, email design, website and display, and some digital assets like GIF’s, MEMEs, Social Media assets.
- Using existing assets, brand imagery and stock imagery etc to come up with relevant and up to date content.
- Keeping up to date with current design trends.
- Understand what makes GREAT design and content e.g best practices across print and digital ie making social assets and mobile first content.
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
- c8+ years commercial experience, although tenure is only a guide
- Has gained strategic understanding which is used to influence design concepts
- Takes an active role in the creative leadership of accounts
- Can stand in as Design Director
- In the absence of an ADD on an account, they will take responsibility for delivering against the agency creative vision on their account – (To create the best work for each of our clients, in their world). And they will plan how this vision will be realised on their account – with support from their DD or CD
- Has a strong portfolio of recognisable work.
- Has been shortlisted, or won, industry awards
- Knows what good looks like and talks passionately about it, sharing it with peers
- A safe pair of hands that can deliver on-brand designs first time and can direct themselves accordingly
- Has become a go-to person in the agency for design advice and guidance
- Is able to bring fresh, inspirational thinking to any brand
- Can peer-review design work and confidently direct others
- Line management responsibilities on larger accounts
- Can present and sell their own work internally and externally, confidently and articulately
- Regular contributor to agency knowledge and inspiration
- Has a portfolio that demonstrates imagination, ideas and a developing personal style – as well as craft-focussed execution
- Has experience across multiple disciplines and channels including branding, web, display, social, print, direct response mail and email and broadcast media like press, poster and digital OOH
- Developed their own creative process for researching and generating design options
- Demonstrates an appreciation of the importance of the basic design principles such as grids, type, colour theory, and layout
- Can take direction and interpret feedback
- Can interpret and apply brand guidelines accurately, and can make recommendations when faced with new applications
- Can bring to life an art director’s scamps, and constantly add value to the work
- Good knowledge of Adobe CC software, including After Effects
- Solid understanding of digital best practice and user experience
- Proactively minded with a passion for learning and growth
- An active contributor to department knowledge and culture
- Hand-raiser for pitches
- Regularly and accurately completes timesheets
- Contributes to the development of Junior Designers
- Demonstrates commercial awareness on jobs
- Consciously abreast of what is happening in our industry
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Lots of agencies say they're different. OLIVER is.
OLIVER believes that agencies work better inside a brand's organisation; delivering more effective work at the speed required to drive modern businesses forward. Using our unique Inside Intelligence methodology, we build specialist, dedicated in-house agencies that collaborate with clients to form better marketing solutions.
Established in 2004, our model is now driven by over 2000 people, working across more than 200 in-house agencies globally. Clients include The Guardian, Unilever, Barclaycard, PepsiCo, AXA, The AA, Adidas, BMW, Post Office, and 3M. OLIVER is part of the Inside Ideas Group (IIG), which also includes a global content agency to Adjust your Set, design, experience, and engineering company DARE and property marketing specialists Aylesworth Fleming.
We are a company built on our values; we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious – to succeed
Be Imaginative - to push the boundaries of what's possible
Be Inspirational - to do groundbreaking work
Be always learning and listening - to understand
Be Results-focused - to exceed expectations
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.