ROLE: Senior Digital Creative
We are looking for an experienced Senior Digital Creative lead our design teams and drive creative acceleration within our Digital Hubs across categories.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a dynamic creative for our UK based clients, to develop integrated answers to creative challenges and help them on the road to unlocking their digital campaigns and content opportunities within the Digital Hubs (Digital Hub leverages and powers real time, data driven marketing through a set of people, tools and tech, resourced through a mix of Creative, Marketing, CMI, Media and eCommerce Performance roles all operating as one team.)
With a skillset grounded in campaign big thinking but an ambition driven by the agility of digital first content creation, we want you, alongside our team of designers, to develop award-winning ideas that will catch attention, inspire action and drive engagement and fame moments.
A strong grasp of the cultural, social and digital content landscape will be essential, as you will look to explore our understanding and use of new social platforms and to actively look for outstanding talent to collaborate with.
WHAT YOU WILL YOU BE DOING:
Our ideal candidate blends operational rigour and client management with creative vision, digital and social know how and has prior experience managing a team and enjoys getting stuck in.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a team creating, adapting and developing digital and social content to support campaigns. This will include concept, design and execution of “unmissable” visual solutions for initiatives in the digital and social sphere as well as encouraging reactive/proactive content.
- Bring conceptual power & exceptional design skills put to use daily as you support the design team and help deliver the vision of our Creative Director
- Be client-facing, working closely with internal/external digital teams, strategists, designers and copywriters.
Day to day, your role will include:
- Expertly lead and guide a group of designers as well as support in creating a range of powerful, viable concepts and designs for projects, who partner with a copywriter to ensure the copy direction and visual presentation work together to make the concept powerful and compelling
- Communicating visual designs, motion design, concepts, and storyboards through presentations – and getting brands to approve (and love) the recommendations
- Provide thought leadership and dedicate time to solving brand problems and challenges through our creative
- Driving culturally relevant creative for our brands as well as being able to translate a brands purpose creatively - key to the business agenda
- Deftly juggling multiple projects while inspiring & motivating both your creative teammates, clients and brands
- Working alongside on-site and in-house teams to explore ways to open new opportunities and to help our brands understand and develop their creative presence through content
- Developing creative that is on-brand, culturally relevant, reactive and innovative
- Identifying, building relationships with and bringing to fruition, collaborative projects with partner platforms, websites, influencers and channels which, can extend the reach of the content and help deliver authentic experiences to the target audience.
- Working with data and analytics teams to gauge content effectiveness and make recommendations based on those results.
- Overseeing and quality control in the reviewing of work
- Coaching and mentoring
- Setting expectations and goals
- Managing HR admin: holiday approvals, reviews, feedback, client relationships
- Receiving team feedback from clients and using this to steer the correct course of action, be that an internal promotion or guidance on performance etc
- Receiving any requests for changes of team structure or brand portfolio and recommending the necessary changes that result, partnering with the Creative Director and account management to assess the commercial impact
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE GREAT IN THIS ROLE:
We’re looking for a Senior Digital Creative who is both qualified and awesome to work with.
- Energy, a sense of humour and an open & curious mind (yes, these things really do matter)
- Exceptional conceptual and design skills and a robust portfolio that shows your talent in both digital and social
- A helicopter view of the digital & content world – a passion for driving cultural relevant creative for brands, an awareness of all major content platforms and channels as well as a view on new platforms & emerging trends in digital and social media communication
- A deep understanding of Editorial & Publishing models.
- An ability to interpret and bring a POV to brand strategy
- Strong experience on large cross-channel and/or direct-marketing initiatives across media and a mastery of Web production and the capabilities within digital channels
- An expert understanding of Photoshop, Image Ready, Illustrator – plus (ideally) an understanding of Flash, After Effects, and video production (bonus if you have the skillset and a passion for illustration and animation)
- A knack for strategic brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief development and creative execution.
- 5-7 Years previous experience either in content, production or Agency Creative. Including client-facing experience strong digital design experience, preferably in a creative agency
- Experience working across FMCG as well as Beauty would be advantageous.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Lots of agencies say they’re different. OLIVER is.
OLIVER believes that agencies work better inside a brand’s organisation; delivering more effective work at the speed required to drive modern businesses forward. Using our unique Inside Intelligence methodology, we build specialist, dedicated in-house agencies that collaborate with clients to form better marketing solutions.
Established in 2004, our model is now driven by over 2000 people, working across more than 200 in-house agencies globally. Clients include The Guardian, Unilever, Barclaycard, PepsiCo, AXA, The AA, adidas, BMW, Post Office and 3M. OLIVER is part of the Inside Ideas Group (IIG), which also includes global content agency Adjust your Set, design, experience and engineering company DARE and property marketing specialists Aylesworth Fleming.
We are a company built on our values; we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious – to succeed
Be Imaginative - to push the boundaries of what’s possible
Be Inspirational - to do groundbreaking work
Be always learning and listening - to understand
Be Results-focused - to exceed expectations
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.