ROLE: Comms Planner
LOCATION: Canary Wharf 2 days a week from late 2021
As one of our team of client side strategic planners, your mission will be to plan highly effective marketing communications for this famous Financial Services brand.
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
you’re a mid-weight integrated comms planner with 4+ years of experience looking for client side experience or with that background already. You’ll be a collaborative self-starter, able to influence and inspire creatives, campaign managers and a range of business stakeholders.
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
You’ll be working directly in our client team as part of their Payments Marketing division. They live and breathe B2B marketing so we’d want you to share their enthusiasm for it too, with relevant experience ideally in Financial Services too (although telecoms or utilities experience would also be great).
For now, the role will be WFH so you’ll need great connectivity at home although we will supply you with a laptop or macbook. From late 2021, you’d be based in Canary Wharf, probably 2 days a week.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
In this busy and fast-paced role, you might find yourself:
- Developing B2B marketing strategies and plans, based on business strategies and roadmaps
- Translating business solutions (NPD, etc) into clear customer value propositions, strategic frameworks and briefs that act as a springboard for winning communications
- Commissioning research and mining existing insight as the voice of marketing within multi-disciplinary project teams
- Developing compelling and motivating comms briefs and RTBs - and then briefing and collaborating in the creation of TTL campaign materials from brand building ATL through to sales comms, 121, CRM, digital and social content
WHAT SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL: We’re looking for an outgoing, proactive and personable through-the-line planner with 4+ years of experience in an agency’s planning team or within a client organisation.
You’ll be a strong and positive energy within the team, championing the consumer and driving customer-led comms and perspectives wherever possible.
Working across a wide range of comms projects, you’ll be able to:
- formulate innovative yet pragmatic and actionable strategic thinking at pace
- work both collaboratively and independently as needed with a wide group of colleagues and stakeholders
- evaluate ideas and concepts against strategic frameworks, briefs and brand best practice
- bake effectiveness measurement into comms plans by defining KPI’s and metrics aligned with each project’s measurement approach
- mine learnings from other sectors and projects by collaborating with planning, insight and research and business teams.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Lots of agencies say they're different. OLIVER is.
OLIVER believes that agencies work better inside a brand's organisation; delivering more effective work at the speed required to drive modern businesses forward. Using our unique Inside Intelligence methodology, we build specialist, dedicated in-house agencies that collaborate with clients to form better marketing solutions.
Established in 2004, our model is now driven by over 2000 people, working across more than 200 in-house agencies globally. Clients include The Guardian, Unilever, Barclaycard, PepsiCo, AXA, The AA, Adidas, BMW, Post Office, and 3M. OLIVER is part of the Inside Ideas Group (IIG), which also includes a global content agency to Adjust your Set, design, experience, and engineering company DARE and property marketing specialists Aylesworth Fleming.
We are a company built on our values; we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious – to succeed
Be Imaginative - to push the boundaries of what's possible
Be Inspirational - to do ground breaking work
Be always learning and listening - to understand
Be Results-focused - to exceed expectations
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.