Role: Integrated Copywriter: Lead
Location: Durban North - WFH
You will be part of a team that creates as well adapts a variety of work for our client in the FMCG stable of leading brands. These include but are not limited to: Shopper marketing, social media campaigns, eCommerce, digital content and TTL campaigns.
As the Integrated Copy Lead, you will be responsible for signing off all creative work assigned to you as well as delivering on briefs. You will work closely with and collaborate with other team members across disciplines to enable the team to deliver to exacting standards, specs, and timelines.
You will need to combine a deep understanding of trends inherent to the creative, FMCG and retail industry with a varied skillset that will include conceptual thinking, copywriting for all forms of digital content, shopper, and TTL campaigns — while demonstrating an understanding of motion design, social and ecommerce platforms and their ways of working.
You’ll need a flair for ideas, and words, whether in a digital, social, ecommerce, shopper or TTL environment.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
- Ideate as well as write for digital platforms, shopper and any other copy needs within the department.
• Master a variety of brand tone of voice, as well as have an understanding of the visual side.
• Oversee the Creative work to meet Client’s brief and exacting standards.
• Collaborate with the relevant team members from other disciplines.
• Oversee work delivered by any freelance resources assigned to your projects.
• Where necessary, clearly brief freelance or other teams so they know what’s expected of them.
• Direct and review the team’s work to ensure the highest quality, accuracy and consistency as well as Brand compliance.
• Present work to Client when required.
• Help Client find solutions to their brief.
• Develop an effective working relationship with colleagues and Client.
• Keep the CD/Group CD up to date with creative work being delivered.
• In collaboration with the CD and other Creative leads, create monthly presentations for the BUD and GCD.
• Help to build culture within the team.
• Be involved and steer the U-Studio proactive agenda alongside Creative Leads and CD.
• Work on award entry material based on miscellaneous criteria (scripting and overseeing the internal production aspect).
• Support the team in expanding the portfolio within our FMCG client.
• Complete timesheets.
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
- The ability to think conceptually and write across multiple mediums.
• Ability to create new content from existing creative inventory.
• A powerful grasp of how content can play out across multiple mediums.
• Excellent team work and time management skills especially when working remotely.
• Good attention to detail, ability to quality check your own work, a proactive attitude and good communication skills.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Ability to direct and nurture other creative resources.
• Ability to script and understand motion design.
• Take ownership and responsibility.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Many companies talk about having a unique and thriving business model but OLIVER (Part of the Inside Ideas Group) truly does. What OLIVER does is provide clients with dedicated, on-site creative solutions that are built from the ground up. These agencies live and work right at the very heart of our client’s organisation. Providing the relationship to deliver precisely the skills and capacity they require, complemented by brand talent from our whole business on everything from planning to execution.
This business model creates a truly entrepreneurial, fast-paced, challenging and rewarding environment to work in!
Privacy Disclaimer: By submitting your application you are giving Oliver Africa permission to use your personal information, as provided by you, for the requirements of the hiring process and giving consent for your information to be kept on our database for any future potential roles. All information will be used in compliance with the POPI act
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.