Working in partnership with our client, we are looking for proofreader with the skills, experience, attention to detail and confidence to be the final quality check before content is published onto our app and websites.
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
You relish collaborating with colleagues to deliver content against complex briefs, taking the initiative and resolving business problems with effective business skills
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
You’ll be working directly in the client's in-house copy studio and they will manage your workload. You’ll be checking a wide variety of customer comms, but mostly digital, working directly with the content originators and other stakeholders, largely autonomously.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
- Liaising with the Production team throughout the day to manage expectations and schedule work
- Communicating decisions and requests clearly (using email, Word and PowerPoint) when you want to propose any changes
- Dealing with complications in briefing and process – deciding whether correct processes have been followed and escalating as appropriate
- Providing clear, concise and constructive feedback to the copy team where necessary
- Ensuring that all projects are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
- Making evaluative judgements based on the analysis of factual information, and resolving problems by identifying and selecting solutions through the application of acquired technical experience
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
- Be a strong proofreader with a good understanding of digital content best practice and UX and a superlative attention to detail and look for feedback and insight from everything around them
- Have relevant experience, ideally in financial services, or a similarly complex and/or regulatory sector in a company with complex digital needs. You’ll be familiar with (or able to rapidly learn about) financial compliance regulations, Advertising Standards Authority, data privacy rules and anti-fraud practices and always follow these guidelines to balance business and customer needs
- Have experience using a CMS, especially Adobe Experience Manager
- Have a strong understanding of branding, TOV, content strategy and experience working with other teams in an agile environment
- Have the experience and confidence to work directly with and engage with stakeholders, understanding their circumstances and drivers, and ensuring that they identify shared areas of interest and mutual benefit.
- Want to work in an environment where colleagues feel free to try out new ideas and turn them into practical reality. You’ll be able to demonstrate a constructive approach to managing and resolving conflicts or differences
- Build relationships based on trust as well as mutually beneficial business arrangements, having challenging conversations where necessary
- Be resolute in meeting promises and hitting objectives and deadlines and take personal accountability for your work
- Stand by their decisions, learn from their mistakes and back up any judgment with analytical reasoning
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Lots of agencies say they're different. OLIVER is.
OLIVER believes that agencies work better inside a brand's organisation; delivering more effective work at the speed required to drive modern businesses forward. Using our unique Inside Intelligence methodology, we build specialist, dedicated in-house agencies that collaborate with clients to form better marketing solutions.
Established in 2004, our model is now driven by over 2000 people, working across more than 200 in-house agencies globally. Clients include The Guardian, Unilever, Barclaycard, PepsiCo, AXA, The AA, Adidas, BMW, Post Office, and 3M. OLIVER is part of the Inside Ideas Group (IIG), which also includes a global content agency to Adjust your Set, design, experience, and engineering company DARE and property marketing specialists Aylesworth Fleming.
We are a company built on our values; we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious – to succeed
Be Imaginative - to push the boundaries of what's possible
Be Inspirational - to do groundbreaking work
Be always learning and listening - to understand
Be Results-focused - to exceed expectations
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.