Role: eCom Translator
Working in partnership with our client as the eCom Translator you will be working Japan, you will be partnered with client to deliver the highest quality localizations for all consumer facing content
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
You are passionate about language and quality and are keen to work in a multicultural team with an ever-changing innovative environment.
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
The position will be sitting in the client's office in Tokyo. will work alongside the Japan Marketing Communications team
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
- On a daily basis, you will be translating/trans-creating marketing material from an English copy into local language for e-commerce.
- Researching and translating compelling copy for assigned projects that is on-strategy, original, compelling, distinctive, and appealing for the target audience.
- The scope of work is all e-commerce content – mainly product descriptions. Our trans-creators are working with a CAT tool and have to maintain and update their translation memory, build glossaries, proofread and edit copy.
- You will be mentored and supported by our global OLIVER Localisation Project Management Team, based in Amsterdam, who oversee and manage remotely all the e-commerce translators around the world.
- Our projects are deadline critical; staying calm under pressure and the ability to work to tight deadlines is key.
- Daily average translation volume is 2,000 words per day or 8,000 words per day for proofreading; we expect you to commit to this required volume of work.
Communication and Teamwork
- Ensuring the client has the expected level of service at all times, on a day to day basis. Flag to the LPM team as soon as any issues or concerns arise.
- Ensuring communication is frequent, responsive and transparent in terms of expectations.
- Be professional and diplomatic no matter the level of stress – be constructive and problem-solving oriented.
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
- Has extensive experience, as a translator, content writer or editor (essential)
- Has an advanced experience with CAT Tools (desirable)
- Has a very good command of English and is a Japanese native speaker (essential)
- Has good communication skills and is a good team player (essential)
- Is familiar with working with a remote team and tight deadlines (desirable)
- Is familiar with marketing and SEO context (desirable) 3+ years experience in translation in relevant areas
- Bachelor degree or above in translation, interpretation or marketing communication
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Lots of agencies say they're different. OLIVER is.
OLIVER believes that agencies work better inside a brand's organisation; delivering more effective work at the speed required to drive modern businesses forward. Using our unique Inside Intelligence methodology, we build specialist, dedicated in-house agencies that collaborate with clients to form better marketing solutions.
Established in 2004, our model is now driven by over 2000 people, working across more than 200 in-house agencies globally. Clients include The Guardian, Unilever, Barclaycard, PepsiCo, AXA, The AA, Adidas, BMW, Post Office, and 3M. OLIVER is part of the Inside Ideas Group (IIG), which also includes a global content agency to Adjust your Set, design, experience, and engineering company DARE and property marketing specialists Aylesworth Fleming.
We are a company built on our values; we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious – to succeed
Be Imaginative - to push the boundaries of what's possible
Be Inspirational - to do groundbreaking work
Be always learning and listening - to understand
Be Results-focused - to exceed expectations
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.