Role: Social Media Manager
The Social Media Manager will plan and deliver the social media strategy for OLIVER, introducing new and innovative ways of working to deliver a first-class social media output, increasing our growth and engagement. You will take full ownership of all social media channels and engagement with external communities, in a collaborative team with exposure to the wider Sales & Marketing departments. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who understands brand personality and can easily translate it into conversations on social media.
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
You have thumb callouses from feed scrolling. You speak fluent meme. You’re a great conversationalist, a fantastic people person, and a wordsmith extraordinaire. You probably spend a borderline worrying amount of time on social media—and we encourage that!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
- Own social activity on OLIVER’s social channels and help co-ordinate deliverables accordingly, ensuring that the channels have a solid strategy for engagement and growth linked to marketing return
- Monitor feeds for relevant opportunities to inject the brand into culture
- Run paid social campaigns alongside Sales & Marketing targets
- Reimagine the social channels using our new brand guidelines, ensuring consistency in look-and-feel as well as tone
- Create and engage in conversations with our community online
- Identify opportunities for the brand to surprise and delight its audience
- Work with the team’s designer and wider creative teams to collate content for the months and weeks ahead, working on culturally reactive moments as they arise
- Report success of social media campaigns/content each month
- Support the activities that fall out of the events and awards content calendar
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
- Impeccable written skills
- Experience of community management for a brand
- Strong understanding of brand guardianship and creating conversations online (ability to spot what’s hot)
- Content creation / management – long and short form, ability to story-tell / identify an angle
- Basic design skills or at least an eye for good design
- Strong understanding of marketing or content strategy (analytics, KPIs, ROI)
- Good to have but not essential: previous experience working with marketing/sales teams on ABM strategies
- Good to have but not essential: data monitoring and iterating content based on results
- Tenacity; the determination to see things through to the end and to a high standard
- Work ethic: do what’s needed to get the job done
- Positivity relationship-builder
- Passion for content creation / business
- Creative in nature
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Lots of agencies say they're different. OLIVER is.
OLIVER believes that agencies work better inside a brand's organisation; delivering more effective work at the speed required to drive modern businesses forward. Using our unique Inside Intelligence methodology, we build specialist, dedicated in-house agencies that collaborate with clients to form better marketing solutions.
Established in 2004, our model is now driven by over 2000 people, working across more than 200 in-house agencies globally. Clients include The Guardian, Unilever, Barclaycard, PepsiCo, AXA, The AA, Adidas, BMW, Post Office, and 3M. OLIVER is part of the Inside Ideas Group (IIG), which also includes a global content agency to Adjust your Set, design, experience, and engineering company DARE and property marketing specialists Aylesworth Fleming.
“Sunday Times Best 100 UK’s Large Companies To Work For and one of Marketing and Media’s 40 Best Agencies To Work For”
We are a company built on our values; we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious – to succeed
Be Imaginative - to push the boundaries of what's possible
Be Inspirational - to do groundbreaking work
Be always learning and listening - to understand
Be Results-focused - to exceed expectations
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.