OLIPOP was founded in 2017 by Ben Goodwin and David Lester. Ben and David have been working together for nearly a decade to find accessible solutions to bring the benefits of digestive health to as many consumers as possible. OLIPOP is a deliciously refreshing tonic that is crafted with prebiotics, botanicals and natural plant fiber to support your microbiome and benefit digestive health. We're on a mission to provide an affordable, delicious alternative to soda that delivers leading edge health benefits to mainstream consumers.
Our team is a special bunch, with a very unique way of working. We’re all fully remote, which makes us all highly collaborative and resourceful. We share a singular mission to make the world a better place with a product that supports your health and is truly enjoyable. And while we’re invested in our product, we’re equally invested in one another's personal development. We’re tightly knit, we’re genuine and we’re always pushing the envelope to do a better job than we did the day before.
IN THIS ROLE
OLIPOP is seeking an authentic, passionate, empathetic, and self-directed leader with an entrepreneurial spirit to manage people operations and culture during an exciting period of growth for OLIPOP. You will ensure that HR initiatives and programs reinforce the company's culture and values, and help foster an environment where people are challenged to do their best work, believe they can make a difference, and instill the passion to grow, learn and innovate.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Humility, Aspiration, Commitment, Integrity- our OLIPOP company values. Start-up is as much a personal journey as it is a professional one. We can teach you functional skills, but we can’t change the way that you view and interact with the world. To succeed at a company like this, you need to be able to fail, learn, adapt and fail again. You need to be able to keep going when others would likely give up. You need to be able to find a way when it seems impossible. You need to be humble enough to learn and confident enough to express yourself. If this is how you’ve lived your life, if these are the lessons your lived experiences have taught you, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Own all people operations processes including benefits administration; paid time off; performance review cycles; compensation reviews and planning; and as we scale, ensure that we evolve our processes appropriately.
- Maintain compliance with all local, state, and federal employment law in addition to all COVID-19 related safety protocols.
- Manage benefits carriers, as well as our outsourced payroll accounting team, and act as primary contact for employees on questions related to benefits, payroll, employment, policies and procedures, etc.
- Review and investigate escalated employee relations matters.
- Facilitate communication across the organization (i.e. policy updates, org/people updates and general all-team announcements on public communication channels).
- Audit and maintain employee records, and maintain a central hub for employee resources.
- Be a champion of our culture and lead by example- helping the team understand and live our core values, while achieving our company goals.
- Deeply passionate about OLIPOP, and inspired by what we represent. Has the desire and hunger to make an impact on people and society.
- 3+ years of experience managing an HR function at a company with strong cultural values and remote team members.
- Prior experience at a rapidly scaling tech startup or remote working environment is a plus.
- Working knowledge of HR, payroll, benefits practices. HR certifications and knowledge of CA and US Labor and Wage and Hours laws are preferred.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to exercise best judgment at all times.
- A highly ethical individual with the highest level of integrity and the experience, confidence, and trust to effectively address sensitive HR and business issues with complete discretion and confidentiality.
- High level of emotional intelligence and cultural competency, with demonstrated ability to utilize a variety of conflict resolution techniques.
- Passionate about issues of diversity and inclusion, and experience in implementing programming, practices and policies a plus.
- A strong communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong presentation skills.
- Competence in Zoom meeting host features, Google Suite and Microsoft Suite. Experience with team collaboration tools such as Slack is preferred.
- Must be willing to work primarily remote, and able to work flexible hours. Travel (approximately 20%) for employee off-sites and recruitment.