OLAPLEX, Inc. (Nasdaq: OLPX) is an innovative, science-enabled, technology-driven beauty company. We are founded on the principle of delivering effective, patent-protected and proven performance in the categories where we compete. We strive to empower our consumers to look as beautiful on the outside as they feel on the inside. We believe every person deserves to have healthy, beautiful hair, whether they are visiting a salon or caring for their hair at home.
OLAPLEX has been able to achieve phenomenal growth and we continuously seek exceptionally talented individuals who can support our innovation and creativity. We currently operate in a fully remote environment; because of this, collaboration and flexibility are at the core of our commitment to each other and to the success of OLAPLEX.
About the Role:
The Director, Pro Field Education is a dynamic and key role that is critical in the development of strategy and execution of best-in-class education for OLAPLEX. The position is key to the partnership with Sales development in support of core business and the development of new accounts and opportunities.
The position is responsible for overseeing the strategic implementation of education programs in all channels of North America distribution according to the needs of each. Central to the role is the development of the field education team in alignment with company marketing and sales goals.
The Director of Field Education will lead development & execution of the education & event strategy for all OLAPLEX professional network and national and independent distribution partners. The candidate will lead a team of Field Education Managers and strongly partner with Sales teams for all go to market executions.
- Oversee the educational activities and trainings of Field Education Managers and Distributor Full Time Educators
- Oversee the development of new hire educators (internal and distributor partner) including procedures, training, and communications
- Manage overall FTE program, including communications, meeting content, program analysis, recruitment, and training
- Manage the Divisional Field Education Managers activities
- Manage National Field Education Budget and expenses pertaining to field activates and materials
- Communication with Field Education & Sales teams on educational initiatives, strategies, and direction
- Analysis of field education programs and its effect on sales per distributor and nationally
- Communicate needs to Global Education on the need for appropriate formats for in-salon education, seminars, and special events
- Develop relationships with OLAPLEX’s distribution network, including Distributor Principals, Education and Sales and KOL Salons
- Partner with VP Global Education & VP Professional Sales to build out Education strategy to support sales goals by channel
- Forecast & plan all deliverables with resources to support goals
- Stay ahead of industry trends & competitions in professional categories through ongoing education, product testing & research.
- Actively participate in distributor strategy meetings to identify education opportunities with all clients
- Oversee planning, execution & delivery of all trainings with all channel teams to ensure best-in-class results tied to sales initiatives
- Coordinate planning, management and execution of all distributor-sponsored events, conferences, trade shows with Show & Event team
- Schedule and manage weekly, monthly, and quarterly meetings both internally and externally
- Manage additional projects, deliverables and timelines as needed
- Minimum 10-12 years of experience in the haircare industry in a field management position
- Professional licensed stylist
- Expert knowledge of developing trainings for distributor partners
- Experience leading stylists and managing remotely
- Inspirational leadership style with excellent training skills
- Competence in managing budgets and financial targets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; confidence when addressing both key stakeholders and new audiences alike
- Strategic thinker with examples of solving problems and taking initiative
- Outstanding team player who is able to work collaboratively with all internal & external partners
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to embrace and facilitate change
We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes. We are looking for someone who will bring all their expertise, learn, and grow with us.
Our Total Rewards:
The annual base pay for this position is $167,850 - $195,825 with eligibility for an annual bonus. The actual base pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, years of relevant experience, skill level, functional expertise, certificates or other professional licenses held and geographic location.
- Competitive compensation
- Work/Life Balance: Flexible paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Wellness: Company Contribution to Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance for Employees and their Families, Company Paid Employee Life Insurance, Optional additional Life Insurance, and Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage Options, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account with Company Reimbursement
- Parental Leave: Up to 18 weeks for all new birthing-parents and up to 10 weeks for all non-birthing new parents
- Financial Well-being: Roth and 401k plans: 100% match up to the first 4% and is immediately vested
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program: Career development is as important to us as we know it is to you!
- Culture: Our team has an “attitude of gratitude” and a shared passion for our brand. Join our culture committee and/or DE&I champion team to play a role in building and sustaining our “secret sauce"
- Recognition: We celebrate our peers and colleagues with our monthly ‘Hero Recognition and Awards’ program. Make a difference as a ‘Bond Builder’ and/or ‘Commendable Creative!’
- Products: Twenty (20) free products per year, plus a friends and family discount
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At OLAPLEX, we support and stand up for our community with our talent, content, messages, and product offering. We strive to build and nurture a culture where a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion is instinctive. Our deep sense of passion and pride in what we do, both as individuals and as a company, unifies our shared commitment to 'do well and do good'. We recognize and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds and know they create a stronger and more creative work environment.
OLAPLEX is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.