OKX is a leading crypto trading app, and a Web3 ecosystem. Trusted by more than 20 million global customers in over 180 international markets, OKX is known for being the fastest and most reliable crypto trading app of choice for investors and professional traders globally.
Since 2017, OKX has served a global community of people who share a common interest in participating in a new financial system that is designed to be a level playing field for everyone. We strive to educate people on the potential of crypto markets and how to invest Beyond the OKX trading app, our Web3 wallet, known as MetaX, is our latest offering for people looking to explore the world of NFTs and the metaverse while trading GameFi and DeFi tokens.
About the team:
OKX data team is responsible for the whole data scope of OKG, from techincal selection, architecture design, data ingestion, data storage, ETL, data visualization to business intelligence and data science. We are data engineers, data analysts and data scientists. The team has end-to-end ownership of most of the data at OKx throughout the whole data lifecycle including data ingestion, data ETL, data warehouse and data services. As a data engineer of the team, you will work with the team to leverage data technologies to empower evidence-based decision-making and improve the quality of the company's products and services.
- Design and build resilient and efficient data pipelines for both batch and real-time streaming data with high quality standards
- Architect and design data infrastructure on cloud using industry standard tools
- Execute projects with an Agile mindset
- Build software frameworks to solve data problems at scale
- Collaborate with legal/compliance product managers, software engineers, data analysts and data scientists to build scalable and data-driven platforms and tools
- Ensure data integrity and scalability through enforcement of data standards. Improve data validation and monitoring processes to proactively prevent issues and quickly identify issues. Drive resolution on the issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or have equivalent professional experience
- Proficient in Python/SQL
- Solid Experience implementing batch and streaming data pipelines
- Solid experience in a data role (data analytics, data engineering, business intelligence) in either the crypto or fintech industry
- Experienced with AWS and Alicloud
- Self-driven, innovative, collaborative, with good communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Role will require collaboration with tech teams in Hong Kong and China, knowledge of Mandarin is preferred
- Experience with AWS data warehouse architecture design is a big plus, including AWS Glue, Airflow, Spark, DBT
- Experience in Crypto and Fintech
- Experience in working with teams across offices and timezones is a plus