At OKX, we believe our future is reshaped with technology. Founded in 2017, OKX is one of the world’s leading cryptocurrency spot and derivatives exchanges. OKX innovatively adopted blockchain technology to reshape the financial ecosystem by offering some of the most diverse and sophisticated products, solutions, and trading tools on the market. Trusted by more than 20 million users in over 180 regions globally, OKX strives to provide an engaging platform that empowers every individual to explore the world of crypto. In addition to its world-class DeFi exchange, OKX serves its users with OKX Insights, a research arm that is at the cutting edge of the latest trends in the cryptocurrency industry. With its extensive range of crypto products and services, and unwavering commitment to innovation, OKX vision is a world of financial access backed by blockchain and the power of decentralized finance.
We invest in our people as much as we invest in technology. We are united by our engaging culture, here we win as a team, embrace changes, and do the right thing. We are committed to creating a friendly, rewarding and diverse environment for OKers. It doesn’t matter where you come from, here everyone feels valued, respected and has the same opportunities to develop and thrive — we want to bring out the best in you
About the role:
We are looking for a PR Manager to develop and implement effective PR strategies in the United States. Our vision is to prove that cryptocurrency can be the basis for financial inclusion and economic stimulus and moves beyond crypto as a speculative asset.
Reporting to the Director of US PR, this leadership role will be responsible for developing and driving our external PR strategies. You must have a deep understanding of multi-stakeholder marketing and PR across B2B and B2C frameworks and have a passion to learn the niche market of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology.
What you'll be doing:
- Responsible for the growth and overall effectiveness of agency PR efforts
- Develop and implement effective/creative strategic PR plans utilizing cutting-edge methods
- Strategic planning and execution of nationwide PR campaigns and support global initiatives
- “Sweat” sponsorship opportunity and brand assets to drive coverage volume
- Create opportunities to place stories in all types of media, from traditional to digital to influencers
- Drive coverage volume
- Responsible for implementation of all PR initiatives for select accounts including technical and creative writing, pitching and follow-up
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with media and influential professionals
- Arrange interviews and press releases to promote our clients and their products/services
- Ensure brand consistency in all efforts.
- Track and influence media coverage.
What We Look For in You:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, Communications, Journalism related fields
- 5-8 years prior PR and Communications experience with exposure in the financial or financial technology related industries – crypto experience strongly preferred
- Team management experience.
- Proven work experience and success in a senior public relations role – a mix of agency and in house is ideal
- Solid experience creating and executing successful national PR campaigns resulting in high volumes of media coverage
- Deep media contacts across business, financial, crypto trade and TV in in east and west coast
- Experience with investment and financial communications
- Fluent in English, other languages a strong advantage
- An entrepreneurial attitude and a love of crypto
- Flexible and agile working style
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- More surprises when you join!
OKCoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The salary range for this position is $120,000 to $170,000.
The salary offered depends on a variety of factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and market location. In addition to the [salary] / [hourly wage], a performance bonus and long-term incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, as well as a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Okcoin and OKX internal or external careers site.