OKX is a world-leading digital asset trading platform, providing advanced financial services to traders globally by using blockchain technology. OKX provides hundreds of token & futures trading pairs to help traders to optimize their strategy. We are also one of the top digital asset trading platforms by trading volume, serving millions of users in over 100 countries. OKX derivatives remains a top-notch venue globally and has a daily volume of approximately $10 billion and is widely recognized as the golden standard in the industry. We believe the blockchain technology will eliminate barriers to transactions, increase the efficiency of transactions across society, and eventually have a significant impact on the global economy. We strive to make innovative achievements that change the world and never stop to improve on our customer experience.
About the Opportunity:
With rapid expansion globally, we are looking for a highly energetic mid-senior level corporate Legal Counsel with strong regulatory experience with solid corporate skills to help with work on a local, regional and global level.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Provide counsel and support for dispute resolution and prevention, internal investigations, risk assessments, service liability, protection of proprietary information and data; liaise with external regulatory authorities and external counsel, project management over commercial litigation and mediation.
- Provide legal advice to management and the business units of the firm in relation to corporate activities, regulatory issues, risks and compliance; act as a liaison person to interact with regulators, e.g., mainly the Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) and the Securities Commission Malaysia or its equivalents in other jurisdictions, and relevant industry associations.
- Handle a broad range of group level legal work, including joint ventures, partnerships, investments, debt & equity financings, new markets entries, internal investigations, commercial contract review, provision of legal advice
- Assist the General Counsel in conducting legal analyses of specific matters that arise relative to the company governance and operations.
- Partner with the government, risk & compliance team to provide ongoing support in monitoring the changes in compliance arising in Malaysia and global industry landscape
- Keep abreast of new regulations and disseminate regulatory circulars, press releases and other regulatory developments to management, other Compliance teams and relevant stakeholders.
- Handle requests from law enforcement and government agencies; provide counsel and support for dispute resolution and prevention; manage external parties, including counterparties, external counsel and experts.
- Provide advice and counsel on employment law issues including hiring, discipline, terminations, pay and benefits.
Ideal candidate must have:
- Exemplary integrity, ethics, independence and resilience.
- Degree holder in Legal (LLB/J.D.) or equivalent
- Qualified solicitor with minimum 6+ years PQE, ideally having exposure to both law firm and commercial environment
- Trained and qualified in Malaysia, Singapore, U.S., UK, Hong Kong or Australia with solid corporate / corporate finance experience
- Sound judgment of business practices, regulatory relationship management and reputational risk
- Proficiency in spoken and written English; bilingual mandarin or another language a plus but not required
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, diplomatic and with excellent communication skills (verbal and in writing)
- Ability to approach situations and challenges with a sense of humor
- In-house experience at financial institutions an advantage
- Experience in general fintech or TMT regulatory areas (including data privacy, cyber security, intellectual property) an advantage
- Ideally a Malaysian citizen, a permanent resident in Malaysia or a foreign person with work permit as long as he or she ordinarily resides in Malaysia
- Experience in startup is a definite advantage
- Candidates with more experience will also be considered
Why Join Us?
- Competitive remuneration package (Basic Salary + Yearly Bonuses).
- Meal Allowance up to RM 500/month
- Monthly Team Building
- RM 2500 Benefits per annum (Training & Wellness)
- Hybrid work arrangements
- Convenient workplace (5 minutes walk from MRT TRX).
- Excellent prospects for growth and promotion - we provide you with assistance, opportunities for skill development, mentoring, and training programmes to help you succeed.
- Employee engagement, recognition and appreciation program.
- Multinational working environment - Advance your career by interacting with individuals from various backgrounds, cultures, and nations.