Who We Are:
OKX is a world-leading digital asset trading platform, providing advanced financial services to traders globally by using blockchain technology. OKX provides hundreds of token & futures trading pairs to help traders to optimize their strategy. We are also one of the top digital asset trading platforms by trading volume, serving millions of users in over 100 countries. OKX derivatives remains a top-notch venue globally and has a daily volume of approximately $10 billion and is widely recognized as the golden standard in the industry. We believe the blockchain technology will eliminate barriers to transactions, increase the efficiency of transactions across society, and eventually have a significant impact on the global economy. We strive to make innovative achievements that change the world and never stop to improve on our customer experience.
About the Team
The Compliance function at OKX is responsible for the overall compliance culture at the company. We’re a team of risk-minded problem solvers who advise the business on the company’s regulatory obligations.
What You'll be Doing:
- Leading strategic direction, training and advisory support with regards to Compliance. In particular, a) licensing/regulatory compliance and b) financial crime compliance.
- Developing and maintaining robust compliance policies, procedures, controls, and frameworks
- Engaging cross-functionally (with groups such as Data, Engineering, Finance, Legal, Product, and Risk) to implement an effective compliance management program in line with the global standards and industry best practices.
- Plan for, monitor, and assess compliance with applicable laws, regulations and policies, including those of the Canadian Securities Administrators, the New SRO, the Ontario Securities Commission and other relevant bodies.
- Act as Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO).
- Oversee compliance reviews and investigations.
- Prepare Compliance reports, including reports to management and the board, and other materials as required by direct and matrix stakeholders and submit timely.
- Assist with special projects as needed, with the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
What We Look For in You:
- 8+ years experience practicing law or acting as a compliance professional in the securities or derivatives industry, either in Canada or abroad, such that you can meet the proficiency requirements for a Chief Compliance Officer for a Restricted Dealer under Ontario Securities Commission requirements.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for the crypto industry.
- Experience and knowledge of relevant Canadian laws and requirements (AML/CFT, sanctions, consumer protection, privacy) and managing regulatory engagements.
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Proven ability to work within and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, critical thinker and adept at working independently and in a dispersed team environment covering multiple and varied tasks
- Intuitive, highly ethical and comfortable to question and challenge
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
Nice to Haves:
- Prior experience working in the crypto industry
- CAMS, ICA, or equivalent certification