At OKX, we believe our future is reshaped with technology. Founded in 2017, OKX is one of the world’s leading cryptocurrency spot and derivatives exchanges. OKX innovatively adopted blockchain technology to reshape the financial ecosystem by offering some of the most diverse and sophisticated products, solutions, and trading tools on the market. Trusted by more than 20 million users in over 180 regions globally, OKX strives to provide an engaging platform that empowers every individual to explore the world of crypto. In addition to its world-class DeFi exchange, OKX serves its users with OKX Insights, a research arm that is at the cutting edge of the latest trends in the cryptocurrency industry. With its extensive range of crypto products and services, and unwavering commitment to innovation, OKX vision is a world of financial access backed by blockchain and the power of decentralized finance.
We invest in our people as much as we invest in technology. We are united by our engaging culture, here we win as a team, embrace changes, and do the right thing. We are committed to creating a friendly, rewarding and diverse environment for OKers. It doesn’t matter where you come from, here everyone feels valued, respected and has the same opportunities to develop and thrive — we want to bring out the best in you.
About this role:
A unique and highly-impactful role at one of the fastest-growing global cryptocurrency exchanges. The Specialist is responsible to review customer KYC cases that have been identified through our onboarding systems for potential money laundering, terrorist financing,Bank Secrecy Act violations and other AML or fraud related. This individual must have prior know-your-customer and sanctions compliance experience.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Complete comprehensive reviews of incoming customer onboarding cases and ensuring that the application of AML is consistent with the Company’s AML policy and customer risk assessment.
- Reviewing KYC documents obtained from the customer, utilising our validation tools and reputable sources to verify the AML documentation.
- Requesting appropriate CDD/EDD documentation from customers to ensure that the AML onboarding process is complete in line with our AML policies and procedures.
- Follow up on pending CDD/EDD requests ensuring that communication is issued with the relevant SLA's.
- Investigating possible matches generated by the scanning application that the Company uses to screen customers against sanctions, PEP's and adverse media news and ensuring the appropriate action is taken.
- Provide information to management in respect of AML/CDD issues arising.
- Maintain delivery of a high quality service level to customers and other departments ensuring all queries are dealt with in a professional manner and escalating where appropriate.
- Support the enhancement of our CDD function and maintain procedures.
- You have degree qualified in a business or Finance related discipline.
- You have two or more years’ experience in AML and CDD/EDD reviews.
- You are a ‘team player’ who can work well within the function to deliver a quality service.
- You are excellent communication and writing skills, and are attentive to details.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English is required
- Willing to work on rotational shift
- Willing to work in Tun Razak Exchange (walking distance from MRT TRX)
Benefits & Perks
- Hybrid working environment
- Meal Allowance
- Yearly Performance Bonus
- Monthly Teambuilding
- Training & Wellness Subsidy
- Group Insurance (for family)