OKX is a world-leading cryptocurrency trading platform, providing advanced financial services to traders globally by using blockchain technology. OKX provides hundreds of coins & futures trading pairs to help traders to optimize their strategy. We believe blockchain technology will eliminate barriers to transactions, increase the efficiency of transactions across society, and eventually have a significant impact on the global economy. We strive to make innovative achievements that change the world and never stop improving our customer experience.
About the Opportunity:
The successful candidate will have prior AML transaction monitoring and investigations leadership experience in the financial services, FinTech or cryptocurrency industries. You will help manage the establishment of the Transaction Monitoring & AML Investigations team in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia including recruitment, and establishing processes, policies, and procedures/guidelines.
At your core, you’ll thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, process-driven environment and be able to adapt and adjust plans on the-fly. You must also have strong prioritization skills and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done. Most importantly, you’ll drive results and significantly support the growth and adoption of our products and features while building the AML culture and strategies.
What You'll be Doing:
- Create the strategy to continuously build and mature our TM&AML Investigations team. Manage the day-to-day operational and capacity needs, while handling and supporting escalation;
- Manage a team of high-performing compliance investigators to conduct daily reviews and triaging of alerts utilizing real-time blockchain analytics monitoring, manual reports or internal/external referrals.
- Review potential matches against various regulatory watchlists and conduct additional research to ascertain validity of matches; escalate potentially suspicious activity to management.
- Where appropriate, facilitate Requests for Information (RFIs) with cross-functional staff in the investigation of transaction monitoring cases.
- Conduct research using internal and external sources to help determine potentially suspicious activity and disposition of adverse news.
- Create and maintain new and existing TM & AML investigations procedures and processes.
- Document alert triaging steps performed, recommend escalation decisions on alerts and/or other unusual activity to supervisor and/or Compliance Investigations for further investigation.
- Work closely with key partners and stakeholders to educate and influence the company regarding transaction monitoring and AML in our platform.
What We Look For in You:
- 3+ years of experience in transaction monitoring and AML with a track record of being strategic, analytical and operational execution oriented.
- 2+ years in people management / leadership.
- Excellent knowledge of AML/CFT/Sanctions, money transmission regulations, and industry best practices.
- Proven track record of designing and implementing TM&AML strategies for optimization and efficiency.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of business functions, with an emphasis on key business partners and senior management.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-phased, dynamic environment, with the ability to adopt and roll up your sleeves with a “just-do-it” mindset and mentality.
- Natural coach, mentor and leader with commitment to supporting team growth by adopting an effective servant leadership approach with employee engagement strategies.
- Strong writing, analytical and communications skills. Must be able to execute tasks within tight deadlines.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English is required.
Nice to Haves:
- You either are already or are eager to become an expert in the blockchain and cryptocurrency landscape and will understand how speculators, traders, digital asset exchanges, blockchain money services businesses, financial institution and regulators operate.
- Experience working in a disruptive technology, successfully launching products, ideally within FinTech, eCommerce, SaaS, AdTech, or Digital Wallet business experience.
- Prior experience working in a multi-national or matrix environment.
- Familiarity with commonly used transaction monitoring & reporting tool(s), such as Solidus Labs, Chainalysis, or Notabene.
- Relevant industry certifications, e.g. CAMS.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive remuneration package (Basic Salary + Shift Allowance + Annual Increment).
- Meal allowance up to RM 500/ month
- Monthly team building
- RM 2,500 Training & Wellness benefits per annum
- Yearly bonus
- Hybrid work arrangements
- Convenient workplace (5 minutes walk from MRT TRX).
- Insurance coverage for employees & dependants
- Excellent prospects for growth and promotion: We provide you with assistance, opportunities for skill development, mentoring, and training programmes to help you succeed.
- Employee engagement, recognition and appreciation program.
- Multinational working environment: Advance your career by interacting with individuals from various backgrounds, cultures, and nations.