Who we are:
OKEx is on a mission to make crypto investing and trading more accessible to anyone around the world. We are building the next generation of tools to help onboard the investors and traders who have been on the fence about crypto. We are a collective of engineers, product managers, and marketers with a common passion to help decentralize finance and level the economic playing field for everyone around the world.
What we are looking for:
OKEx is seeking a Lead Brand Designer to join us in eliminating financial barriers, evolve the global economy, and change the world for better. As a Lead Brand Designer, you will help drive the entire design process for Brand at OKEx—from concept to execution. You will not only drive strategy but execute campaigns, develop visual systems, and support our brand across channels and platforms. From internal through external creative, you will set the bar of quality for the entire Brand team—mentoring other designers along the way.
What the day to day looks like:
- Work alongside the CMO and other Designers in the team to develop the brand voice, guiding principles, strategy, and foundation elements that will empower both the Product and Marketing functions.
- Collaborate closely with other team leaders to shape the overall vision and brand strategy.
- Execute campaigns, develop visual systems, and support our brand across channels and platforms, from campaigns, social media content to marketing collaterals
- Consistently elevate the quality of the design by soliciting feedback from peers and stakeholders through formal Design Review, presentations, and by facilitating workshops.
- Partner with cross-functional peers to define concepts and create provoking and powerful design.
- Mentor other designers throughout the organization on craft, quality, and processes
Ideal candidate must have:
- 7-10 years of relevant industry experience at an agency or in-house design teams
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or equivalent practical experience
- A compelling and strong digital portfolio, preferably gaining from tech companies/clients
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams of Designers, Product Managers, PMMs, Copywriters, and Marketers.
- Drive to create high-quality design and consistency across several channels such as social media, email, web, and within the product.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; comfortable facilitating strategic workshops and influencing across multiple levels of the company.
- Ability to work quickly with minimal direction on complex brand initiatives
- Strong skill in design software
- Experience and skill in design and production of video, motion graphic, animation is a big plus
- Less senior candidate would be considered as Senior Brand Designer
Qualities of the person we are after
- Energetic, passionate, and results focused.
- Positive, team player who is motivated by being part of highly ambitious organization.
- Open-minded, welcome changes and challenges
- Strong attention to details, accountable and motivated
Nice to have
- Experience working with teams across offices and timezones.
- A desire to mentor cross-functional peers and evangelize for great design.
- Ability to travel internationally about 10% of the time.