We are looking for a qualified Senior Media Relations Manager who has experience with developing a strong retention loyalty and media relations to join our Global Communications Team.
You will make use of existing media resources and expand new media resources, and establish good cooperative relations with various European and American medium to increase brand exposure, brand reputation and popularity. Our ideal candidate is a passionate, results-driven go-getter who wants to work in a start-up environment in a large ambitious organization. This role will be responsible for managing strategic external communications and global media relations for OKEx especially in AMER or EMEA region
The position would be ideally based out of San Francisco.
What the day to day looks like:
- Serve as a trusted communications advisor to senior executives, developing and executing earned media communications campaigns.
- Develop written storytelling content including pitches, blog posts, press announcements, social-media content, and external presentations.
- Focus on telling the OKEx story aligned to industries and through traditional and vertical media outlets.
- Collaborate with business and marketing team leads on content creation, new product and thought leadership initiatives, to drive integrated earned media communications programs.
- Place media stories on OKEx innovations and OKEx executives that demonstrates technology and business leadership in national top-tier business and consumer media.
- Monitor and measure reach and share-of-voice of media campaigns.
Ideal candidate must have:
- A minimum of 5 years of proven success in a similar role - leading communication/marketing.
- A deep understanding of fintech industry. Passion in cryptocurrency is a strong plus.
- Native level proficiency in English.
- Excellent consulting, writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to work during weekends and off local normal working hours as the role is responsible for communicating with global audiences.
- The ability to effectively communicate with senior level and middle management colleagues.
- Self-starter with ability to make/contribute to recommendations, prioritize, manage and track multiple projects.
- Entrepreneurial, can-do spirit and ability to work and thrive in an evolving and fast paced, high pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Candidates with more experience will be considered as Senior Manager