OkCupid is looking to hire a Senior Data Engineer to build our machine learning platform!
If you're an ML Platform Engineer that likes the idea of working on a product used by millions of people, read on.
What's it like being a Data Engineer at OkCupid?
We're a tight-knit team of Engineers and Data Scientists that manage all aspects of OkCupid's data stack and production modeling. Every person we hire is given lots of ownership; your input will be a big part of what we do and how we do it. Our machine learning pipeline is still in its early stages so you will have the opportunity to drive the future of a crucial component of OkCupid’s infrastructure.
There's also a sense of satisfaction that comes from helping millions of people find love. If that's the kind of thing that appeals to you, you're probably a good fit for OkCupid!
We're seeking someone who:
- Has experience building Machine Learning workflows (TensorFlow, etc. a plus)
- Has experience with large-scale distributed data processing frameworks (Spark, Hadoop, etc.)
- Is fluent in SQL and Python
- Understands the fundamental and unique challenges behind productionizing algorithms learned from data.
- Has a Bachelor's degree or equivalent real-world experience, preferably in a related field (Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math)
What you'll work on:
- Own building and architecting our production-oriented machine learning infrastructure
- Select and research the right tools for the job and make them all work well together
- Troubleshoot & find sustainable solutions for data issues and anomalies
- Help out with building the BI stack where necessary
- Work with product teams (e.g. matching recommendations) to understand and drive user impact
Bonus Points if you have:
- Experience with a mass market consumer facing product
- Familiarity with the pydata stack (numpy, scipy, pandas)
- Familiarity with scheduling and orchestration tools (e.g. Airflow, Luigi, etc.)
- Familiarity with AWS services (e.g. SageMaker, EMR, etc.)
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and full benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k
- Workstation and tools of your choice
- Paid attendance to conferences
- Daily complimentary catered lunch from some of NYC’s top restaurants, and an endless supply of snacks and drinks
- Company funded happy hours/events
- Discounted membership to some amazing NYC facilities including Chelsea Piers Gym
- Generous maternity and/or paternity leave and contributions towards fertility preservation
- A sunny office full of incredibly curious and friendly people
OkCupid is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees.