OkCupid is the best dating product on Earth! Our app is one of the highest-rated on the market. Statistically speaking, odds are that someone you know has found a date on OkCupid (seriously, just ask around).
We deliberately keep our engineering team as small as possible. Every developer gets broad areas of responsibility and is working with the most talented people in their fields. We believe we can move fastest with a small group of amazing engineers. This also means we believe in investing in people. You will get all the support, training, and resources you need to be successful.
OkCupid has paying customers in over 200 countries through a variety of payment providers. The payments team navigates app store receipt processing in the US, swipes credit cards in India, and is working on allowing customers in Brazil to subscribe to OkCupid through their cell provider. We build everything including the backend billing system, in-house tools for customer support, a sophisticated price testing engine, and more! That means we touch every part of OkCupid's tech stack. It's an exciting and fun environment with the opportunity to impact global growth.
As a Software Engineer, Payments you will:
- Ensure that OkCupid can process payments from a variety of payment processors in multiple currencies
- Build reliable distributed systems that can scale to support OkCupid's high-traffic workload
- Build infrastructure to help OkCupid detect and defeat malicious users
- Build browser-based administrative tools to help OkCupid's team work more efficiently - Write thorough documentation for the systems you build
We're looking for:
- A high level of initiative and the ability to take ownership of major technical projects from design to delivery
- A deep understanding of industry best practices for building payment software
- 4+ years experience with databases at web scale
- 4+ years experience with a common backend programming language (C++, Go, Java, etc.)
- Experience with building full stack browser-based tools (or excitement to learn)
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related field
- An eagerness to be a part of our mission to connect millions of people on what matters to them
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary and full benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k
- Workstation and tools of your choice
- Paid attendance to conferences
- Regularly catered lunch and a bomb shelter stockpile of snacks and drinks
- Company funded happy hours/events
- Dog friendly office
- A sunny office full of incredibly curious and friendly people
OkCupid is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees.