OkCupid is the only dating app that connects people over what really matters—and it works! Odds are a person you know has met someone on OkCupid (seriously, just ask around). Joining the OkCupid team means getting to help millions of people connect every day.
We are looking for an experienced moderator to join our diverse moderation team in a work from home position. This position is a temporary contract for 3 months, with the possibility of joining us full-time afterwards.
You’ll play a meaningful role in protecting OkCupid’s ecosystem and ensuring user happiness by reviewing reports of scammers, harassers, fraud, and Terms of Service violations.
Some things you’ll do:
- Work in a queue-based environment
- Review content including profiles, photos, and messages
- Detect and remove users violating our Terms of Service from the site
- Handle critical reports about sensitive topics that require tact and attention to detail
- Work closely with the moderation team, as well as Legal and Support
- Assist on special projects as needed
- Work from your home office 40 hours per week. Schedule is mostly flexible, but some weekend availability is expected.
We're looking for:
- Prior experience (2+ years) with website moderation and/or digital fraud prevention
- Excellent attention to detail
- Deep understanding of internet norms and interactions
- Experience troubleshooting complicated scenarios
- Strong pattern recognition and research skills
- Excellent judgement, including knowing when to escalate and how to prioritize
- Sensitivity to a diverse and global user base
- Real passion for helping people
- The ability to work reliably and independently from home
- A well-written cover letter stating why you’re excited to work for OkCupid
Bonus points for:
- Fluency in a second language (Hebrew especially, but also Hindi, Tagalog, Arabic or German)
- Prior experience working with legal teams, law enforcement, or crisis helplines
- Familiarity with OkCupid
- Competitive salary and full benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k
- A fully flexible schedule
- Amazing coworkers
OkCupid is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees.