OkCupid is looking to hire a Senior (Technical) Product Manager!
OkCupid is the best online dating product on Earth! Our iOS and Android apps are some of the highest-rated on the market. Statistically speaking, odds are that someone you know has found a date on OkCupid (seriously, just ask around).
Area of responsibility:
- Product vision and strategy, road-mapping, goal setting, A/B testing and testing roadmap, competitive analysis, analytics, spec writing
- Remove barriers that prevent engineers and designers from launching great products quickly; be an internal resource for team leaders when they have questions about the product roadmap, platform integrations, and launch schedules. You will coordinate product release schedules with a team of engineers and designers.
- Research and consumer insights: Incorporate both quantitative and qualitative user testing and analytics into the decision-making and product road-mapping processes. Develop user testing plans and document findings. Identify customers behaviors and needs through research and analysis.
- Enabler of others: Empower and collaborate with our engineers and designers to build the best products possible.
- Experimentation: Analyze, understand and share learnings from experimentation to build a strong knowledge base of the product.
- Product development process optimization. You are passionate about product development and constantly looking for ways to improve it.
- 5-7 years of experience in Program/Product and Project management
- Someone with a product sensibility and point of view
- Highly analytical; strong preference for candidates with the technical skills to self-serve on analytical toolkits including facility with SQL. Experience with statistical tools such as R is not needed.
- Experienced with a variety of analytical toolkits including the following (or similar): Tableau, Looker, Optimizely, Amplitude, Google Analytics, Taplytics, etc.
- Experienced in research techniques – both qualitative and quantitative
- Focused on enabling engineers and designers to do their best work
- Passionate about consumer products
- Moderately technical
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and full benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k
- Workstation and tools of your choice
- Paid attendance to conferences
- Regularly catered lunch and a bomb shelter stockpile of snacks and drinks
- Company funded happy hours/events
- A sunny office full of incredibly curious and friendly people
OkCupid is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees.