OkCupid is looking to hire a User Experience Researcher!
Some things you'll do:
- Identify unmet research opportunities at OkCupid
- Conduct studies into the motivation and behavior of both users and non-users at all stages of the product
- Synthesize research findings into actionable insights
- Generate artifacts/deliverables as necessary to help communicate and evangelize user needs and empathy throughout company
- Work with product and marketing teams to shape medium and long term product strategy
- Empower colleagues in the organization by supporting them in their own research efforts
- Recruit and maintain lists of research participants from internal and external sources
A bit about you:
- MA/MS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Cognitive Sciences, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in a product development, or qualitative user research setting
- Knowledge of a set of behavioral analysis, qualitative and user-centered design methods
- Nice to have: experience with quantitative, and statistical concepts
How to apply
If you identify with our values, are excited about great design, and would like to contribute to our team, we would love to see your work. Please include a case study of a project you’re most proud of that you worked on in a research capacity. Your case study should cover:
- The challenge you were trying to solve
- Your role on the project
- The research approach and methods you used
- Some of your key findings, or insights
- The impact of your research findings on design or business strategies.
- Bonus points for formative research
OkCupid is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees.