OkCupid is looking to hire a Lead Data Scientist!
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist who is interested in leading the small, but very talented Data Science team at OkCupid. If you like the idea of working on a product used by millions of people, read on.
What’s it like being on the Data Science team at OkCupid?
OkCupid’s Data Science team is still in its early stages. We’re hard at work building a solid machine learning foundation to empower the product and engineering teams to solve problems they couldn’t normally solve. We are always looking for ways to improve our code, platform architecture and tooling to create a better development experience. We are looking for someone to lead the team to help us solve these challenging problems quickly and with appropriate rigor.
We enjoy building a product that helps millions of people find love and get a great sense of satisfaction in seeing our hard work make a difference. If that’s the kind of thing that appeals to you, you’re probably a good fit for OkCupid!
We’re seeking someone with:
- 4+ years working in a data science role
- 1+ years managing and leading data scientists
- Solid experience with and understanding of machine learning and statistics
- A track record of making technical design decisions and influencing a team through technical solutions and expertise
And, as a bonus:
- Experience building and deploying machine learned models with Tensorflow
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Experience working with AWS technologies including Redshift, EC2, or Sagemaker
What you'll work on:
- Owning the technical and statistical design and delivery of machine learning infrastructure and products.
- Partnering with engineering and product teams to set standards and best practices, and work to ensure those standards are met and improved upon.
- Managing and coaching a talented team of data scientists and engineers.
- Representing the capabilities of the data science team to product teams
What are some perks?
- Competitive salary and full benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k.
- Workstation and tools of your choice.
- Paid attendance to conferences.
- Regularly catered lunch and a bomb shelter stockpile of snacks and drinks.
- Company funded happy hours/events.
- A sunny office full of incredibly curious and friendly people.
OkCupid is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees.