OkCupid is looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer for our Frontend team!
What’s it like to be a Frontend Engineer at OkCupid
The OkCupid Frontend Team is a nimble team of four, building features that help connect millions of users every day. Because our team size is so small, each of us has full ownership of features from ideation to deployment. We work closely with other engineering and product teams across the company to figure out the best ways to help people find meaningful relationships.
As the fifth member of our team, you will help us continue building beautiful and performant user interfaces and shaping the OkCupid product.
Since we’re constantly improving on how we connect people, here are some recent projects we worked on:
- Launched our DTF marketing campaign https://theblog.okcupid.com/where-have-you-seen-our-dtf-campaign-376331f629f7
- Changed the way users message: https://theblog.okcupid.com/why-okcupid-is-changing-how-you-message-f14d492e7853
- Launched a new discovery feature, to help our users find their ideal person: https://theblog.okcupid.com/with-okcupid-discovery-okcupid-is-the-only-dating-app-that-helps-you-search-for-shared-passions-14229b2ffcf5
What you’ll be doing:
- Build interactive and intuitive UIs in React that connect millions of users
- Contribute to creating components and APIs for OkCupid’s frontend libraries
- Continually improving our tech stack
- Engineer beautiful and performant user interfaces
- Participate in the conceptualization and execution of product features
- Contribute to the growth and success of other members of the team
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Enjoy building UIs with ES6, webpack, React, Redux and Sass
- Have a high bar for clean, readable and testable code
- Care deeply about performance, accessibility and the experience of our users
- Feel strongly about how a webpage should look and feel
- Have experience in writing unit and automated tests
- Competitive salary and full benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k
- Workstation and tools of your choice
- Paid attendance to conferences
- Regularly catered lunch and an endless supply of snacks and drinks
- Company funded happy hours/events
- A sunny office full of incredibly curious and friendly people
Want to join our team?
Send us your resume, and we’d love to see a Github page or other code samples.
OkCupid is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees.