Who We Are:
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore, Dublin, and San Jose!
About the Team:
The Compliance function at Okcoin is responsible for the overall compliance culture at the company. We’re a team of risk-minded problem solvers who advise the business on the company’s regulatory obligations.
Our Compliance Advisory team, in particular, is responsible for building Compliance policies, programs and frameworks for the company’s diverse and exciting products in accordance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
What You'll be Doing:
This role will oversee the development, implementation and enhancement of a global Anti-Bribery and Corruption (“ABC”) Program, partnering closely with other Compliance Leaders, Legal, Finance, and other relevant business units. This role will develop and maintain a strong and efficient controls environment in order to comply with all applicable sanctions laws, regulations, and guidance for Okcoin’s global presence.
In this role you will:
- Own, develop, and manage the global ABC Program framework, including but not limited to strategy, roadmap, policies, procedures, and training elements, in accordance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Communicate effectively with frontline business units on ABC risks and provide advice on business practices.
- Undertake regular bribery and corruption risk assessment on the Company’s products, services, workflows, and operational footprints; provide recommendations to business units and build controls and operational processes to mitigate bribery and corruption risks.
- Monitor and evaluate ABC requirements and support the Company’s licensing efforts.
- Develop, conduct and manage ABC related training.
- Assist with special projects as needed, with the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
What We Look For in You:
- 5+ years of experience in ABC and financial crimes compliance
- Strong and in-depth knowledge and understanding of FCPA, UK Bribery Act (UKBA), and other equivalent ABC regimes.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact and lead discussions comfortably with senior management and frontline business partners.
- Proven project management skills to drive alignment across stakeholder groups to develop and implement controls and processes.
- Ability to lead initiatives with high visibility and complexity.
- Proven ability to work within and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, critical thinker and adept at working independently and in a dispersed team environment covering multiple and varied tasks.
- Intuitive, highly ethical and comfortable to question and challenge.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
Nice to Haves:
- Prior experience working in a US multinational or matrix environment
- Prior experience working in the crypto industry
- CAMS, ICA, or equivalent certification
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- The salary range for this position is $156,000 to $234,000.
- The salary offered depends on a variety of factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and market location. In addition to the salary, a performance bonus and long-term incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, as well as a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Okcoin and OKX internal or external careers site.