Who We Are:
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore, Dublin, Austin and San Jose!
About the Team:
The Legal team provides legal guidance and services to the company across all areas and supports business growth by working with other business teams within the company to help them achieve their goals.
Our Global Licensing team, in particular, is responsible for all expansionary efforts into new and emerging markets, with a specific focus on licensing strategy and roadmap.
- Work with the other members of the Global Licensing Team in obtaining licenses (including conducting research during the license selection process), managing external advisors, and helping lead the licensing process.
- Conduct legal research into global laws and regulations applicable to the crypto industry.
- Meet and communicate with regulators and other governmental bodies related to the company’s licensing efforts.
- Collaborate with product and business development teams to achieve company-wide projects and goals.
- Inform and advise leadership regarding licensing and regulatory regimes.
- To the extent needed, assist with certain civil or regulatory litigation matters and supervise outside counsel.
- To the extent needed, manage additional legal requests from all areas of the business and effectively advise on legal concepts and legal risk with an eye towards the strategic goals of business leaders.
- Active membership with either the Law Society of Ireland, a US state bar (CA or NY preferred), or equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience at a top-tier law firm and/or in-house legal team, preferably in a financial services-related industry or other firmly-regulated space.
- Enthusiastic about blockchain technology and have a basic understanding (or eager to learn) about relevant legal/regulatory landscape.
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced, growth-stage and multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to effectively advise and build trust with business teams.
- Ability to navigate through legal ambiguity.
- Self-starter, quick learner who is highly driven, proactive, responsive and precise.
- Experience working on cross-jurisdictional matters on a global legal team.
- Experience advising on or otherwise assisting with global crypto or financial licensing or other regulatory matters.