Who We Are:
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 30 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore, Dublin, Austin and San Jose!
About the Team:
The Finance function at Okcoin is responsible for accounting, tax, treasury, platform operations, customer support assistance, financial reporting, cost management, and financial infrastructure support to drive the overall growth of the business.
About the Opportunity:
The successful candidate will have prior experience on an accounting team. You will work directly with an Accounting Manager and the Controller to assist with ownership of the financial statements for the company, month end close process, accounts payable functions, regulatory reporting, internal controls over financial reporting, recurring tax filings, and other misc finance operations. You should feel comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously, initiate changes and improvements to your areas of responsibility with the end goal of providing excellent support to all the functional teams across the Company.
At your core, you’ll thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, process-driven environment and be able to adapt and adjust plans on-the-fly. You must also have strong prioritization skills and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done. Most importantly, you’ll drive results and significantly grow and improve on our payments operations capabilities.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- A variety of routine duties in the Accounting Department which includes, but is not limited to daily and monthly reconciliation, analysis and certification of various General Ledger accounts and research of outstanding items and adjustmentsResponsible for reconciling balance issues and account settlements.
- Accounting analyst will be responsible for the input of journal entries and maintaining accounting records
- General daily and monthly accounting functions, including preparing and posting journal entries, account reconciliations, cost allocations, assisting with financial statement audits.
- Perform various general ledger functions.
- Participates in system implementations.
- Ensure tax, regulatory, legal, and compliance requirements are met timely and accurately and in compliance with legal and state regulatory.
- Completion of special projects and other functions as required by manager.
What We Look For In You:
- 2-4+ years of experience working in an accounting role with a financial services firm, public accounting firm, or multi-entity experience in a rapid growth, high transaction volume company
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably within Accounting or Finance
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem solving skills
- CPA license or working toward CPA Accreditation
- Clear and effective communication skills in both English and Mandarin
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working across time zones and cross cultural teams
- Bonus points if you have previously worked at a crypto exchange!
- Passionate about blockchain technology and the crypto payments space
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
OKCoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.