Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore, Dublin, Austin and San Jose!
About the Team
The Compliance function at Okcoin is responsible for the overall compliance culture at the company. We’re a team of risk-minded problem solvers who advise the business on the company’s regulatory obligations and enterprise risk.
About the Opportunity:
The successful candidate will have prior market surveillance or transaction monitoring experience in the financial services or FinTech industries. You’ll work closely with our other compliance team members to monitor alerts, rule development and adjustment, and specific event triggers to drive sophisticated customer transaction profiling and review.
At your core, you’ll thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, process-driven environment and be able to adapt and adjust plans on-the-fly. You must also have strong prioritization skills and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done. Most importantly, you’ll drive results and significantly grow and improve on our market surveillance capabilities.
What You'll be Doing:
- Monitor market surveillance activity via industry leading tools and platforms (e.g. Solidus Labs).
- Act as a subject matter expert in the performance of Market Surveillance.
- Strong regulatory knowledge and experience with US AML regulatory requirements for financial institutions and an understanding of their impact on Market Surveillance.
- Carry out market surveillance with the aim of finding and reporting on attempts by clients to engage in insider dealing or market manipulation across a range of market abuse typologies.
- Leverage data sets and analytical skills to enhance research and investigations, ensuring both quantitative and qualitative analysis is incorporated into decision making.
- Collaborate across compliance, risk, product, engineering, data science, marketing, business development, finance and our customers to help build and continuously improve the data and reporting
What We Look For in You:
- BA/BS in a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- At least 2+ years of experience in market surveillance, transaction monitoring, or closely related field
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on teamwork, initiative, and integrity
- Comfort with working in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities simultaneously
Nice to Haves:
- Familiarity with commonly used transaction monitoring & reporting tool(s), such as Solidus Labs, Elliptic, ComplyAdvantage, TRM Labs, or CipherTrace
- Professional AML/ATF compliance training or accreditation (e.g. ICA or CAMS)
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.