Who We Are:
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore, Dublin, Austin and San Jose!
About the Team:
The Finance function at Okcoin is responsible for accounting, tax, treasury, platform operations, customer support assistance, financial reporting, cost management, and financial infrastructure support to drive the overall growth of the business.
About the Opportunity:
The successful candidate will have prior experience as a Controller, Assistant Controller or Senior Accounting Manager. You will work directly with the Global Head of Finance and partner with all functional areas to take ownership of the financial statements for the company, month end close process, accounts payable functions, regulatory reporting, internal controls over financial reporting, recurring tax filings, and other misc finance operations. You should feel comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously, initiate changes and improvements to your areas of responsibility with the end goal of providing excellent support to all the functional teams across the Company.
At your core, you’ll thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, process-driven environment and be able to adapt and adjust plans on-the-fly. You must also have strong prioritization skills and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done. Most importantly, you’ll drive results and significantly grow and improve on our payments operations capabilities.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Take global ownership of the accounting, tax, accounts payable, internal controls, and regulatory reporting areas.
- Review and enhancement of internal controls around financial reporting.
- Lead the annual financial statement audit for the US entities.
- Migrate from the current general ledger system to Oracle Netsuite.
- Establish effective and automated processes for financial reporting and analytics.
- Increase the efficiency and effectiveness of month-end close and accounts payable processes.
- Lead strategic legal entity incorporation and tax efforts in a global business with complex legal entity structure.
- Prepare financial statements for external audits, regulatory reporting/inquiries, and management reporting.
- Assist in navigating the regulatory landscape, including staying on top of evolving SEC, CFTC, FinCEN, and IRS rules and regulations.
What We Look For In You:
- BS or BA in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- 10+ years of direct, relevant experience in accounting and core finance areas.
- 5+ years of people management experience.
- Self-starting problem solver, able to self-identify and execute new tasks as they emerge, and solve problems proactively to full completion without significant direction.
- The skillset to work within the demands of a fast-paced startup environment.
- Deep understanding of US GAAP, IFRS, and tax regulations.
- Ability to manage a financial statement audit.
- Big four or large accounting firm experience.
- Financial technology industry experience.
- CPA license
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working across time zones and cross cultural teams
- Bonus points if you have previously worked at a crypto exchange!
- Passionate about blockchain technology and the crypto payments space
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.