Who We Are:
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore, Dublin, Austin and San Jose!
About the Team:
The Compliance function at Okcoin is responsible for the overall compliance culture at the company. We’re a team of risk-minded problem solvers who advise the business on the company’s regulatory obligations and enterprise risk.
Our Governance team, in particular, is responsible for advising on and implementing the rules, practices, and processes which Okcoin (and its affiliates) must adhere to.
What You'll be Doing:
This role will manage the Risk Assessment process, specifically focused on the analysis of the company’s risk of exposure to financial crime. A robust risk assessment (with its constituent components), allows Okcoin to apply appropriate mitigating measures and prioritize the allocation of resources accordingly.
In this role you will:
- Manage the Risk Assessment process, including researching, analyzing and at least annually documenting the individual components of customer risk, geographical risk, product risk, delivery/channel risk, and combination risk factors.
- Work with the necessary compliance teams to develop policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure new risk factors are managed.
- Communicate our compliance framework to all relevant stakeholders (internal and external).
- Engage cross-functionally (with groups such as Data, Engineering, Finance, Legal, Product, and Risk) to further a thoughtful strategic and tactical approach to the risk assessment process applicable to all jurisdictions in which Okcoin operates.
- Assist with special projects as needed, with the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
What We Look For in You:
- 5+ years of experience in compliance within financial services, FinTech or cryptocurrency industries
- Experienced in Risk Assessments, including constituent components (beyond customer risk).
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services regulation, compliance policies, standards, and procedures.
- Strong analytical and research skills, and desire to create documentation and reporting.
- Proven leadership and project management skills to drive alignment across stakeholder groups to develop and deliver repeatable end-to-end Risk Assessment processes and controls.
- Ability to manage initiatives involving process improvements and to lead projects with high risk and complexity.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to interact and lead discussions comfortably with senior levels of management and regulators.
- Proven ability to work within and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, critical thinker and adept at working independently and in a dispersed team environment covering multiple and varied tasks.
- Intuitive, highly ethical and comfortable to question and challenge.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
Nice to Haves:
- Familiarity with BSA/AML, money transmission and consumer protection regulations, and industry best practices.
- CAMS, PMI, or equivalent certification
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.