Who We Are:
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 30 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Miami, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan.
About the Team:
The Compliance function at Okcoin is responsible for the overall compliance culture at the company. We’re a team of risk-minded problem solvers who advise the business on the company’s regulatory obligations and enterprise risk.
Our Third Party Risk Management team, in particular, is responsible for establishing and managing relevant controls to identify, manage and mitigate third party risk.
What You'll be Doing:
This role will oversee the development of the Third Party Risk Management Program partnering closely with other Compliance Leaders, Legal, Finance, Product, Engineering and Risk. This role will develop and maintain a strong controlled environment leading to the early identification and sustainable mitigation of operational, regulatory and reputational risk.
In this role you will:
- Own, design and manage the build out of a global Third Party Risk Management Program including but not limited to strategy, roadmap and controls to address regulatory requirements.
- Lead, train and mentor a team responsible for conducting comprehensive third party reviews of vendors, payment partners, Virtual Asset Service Providers (VASPs), etc.
- Communicate our compliance framework and Third Party Risk Management Program requirements to all relevant stakeholders (internal and external).
- Engage cross-functionally (with groups such as Engineering, Finance, Legal, Product, and Risk) to establish a thoughtful strategic and tactical approach to our Third Party Risk Management Program and related processes.
- Assist with special projects as needed, with the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
What We Look For in You:
- 4+ years of experience in compliance within financial services, FinTech or cryptocurrency industries.
- Experience in third party risk management roles.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services regulations, compliance, policies, process, and procedures.
- Proven leadership and project management skills to drive alignment across stakeholder groups to develop and deliver repeatable end-to-end risk management solutions and controls aligned with group processes.
- Ability to manage initiatives involving process improvements and to lead projects with high risk and complexity.
- Comprehensive understanding of operational risk management.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to interact and lead discussions comfortably with senior levels of management and regulators.
- Proven ability to work within and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, critical thinker and adept at working independently and in a dispersed team environment covering multiple and varied tasks.
- Intuitive, highly ethical and comfortable to question and challenge.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
Nice to Haves:
- Familiarity with BSA/AML, money transmission regulations, and industry best practices.
- CAMS, PMI, or equivalent certification
Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.