Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 30 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
About the Team
The Compliance function at Okcoin is responsible for the overall compliance culture at the company. We’re a team of risk-minded problem solvers who advise the business on the company’s regulatory obligations and enterprise risk.
Our Token Listings team, in particular, is responsible for performing comprehensive due diligence reviews of all tokens being considered for listing.
What You'll be Doing:
You will manage a team responsible for conducting compliance reviews of tokens being considered for listing on OKGroup’s exchanges around the globe, including but not limited to performing due diligence on the project, project teams and product use cases, and evaluating related risks. You also will liaise with the Legal, Risk and Listing teams throughout the review process. The ideal candidate will be a crypto-forward individual with strong knowledge of various networking protocols, complemented with managerial experience leading a compliance team.
In this role you will:
- Build and manage a team of crypto researchers performing due diligence on tokens and issuer teams.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and guidelines for token listing reviews.
- Conduct ongoing calibration of the methodology and framework to ensure pertinent risks are identified and analyzed as the broader ecosystem evolves and innovates.
- Proactively identify compliance risks and consult with key partners in Compliance, Legal, Risk and Listings to ensure all pertinent risks are adequately addressed.
- Stay apprised of changes in the crypto economy and regulatory environment including blockchain trends, emerging network protocols, prominent industry participants, as well as regulatory rule making, guidance, and litigation.
- Present analyses and risk findings to relevant stakeholders and senior leaders to guide platform and product support of digital assets.
- Identify and cultivate top talent to build and maintain a best-in-class team of researchers and due diligence program.
What We Look For in You:
- 5+ years of experience in related compliance/risk function within financial services, FinTech or cryptocurrency industries.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services regulations, compliance, policies, process, and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of BSA/AML requirements, sanctions, and consumer risks with familiarity applying compliance frameworks to crypto assets and products.
- Direct experience leading a due diligence team and overseeing process design and execution.
- Excellent judgment and analysis with the capacity to synthesize complex research to a concise summary and recommendation.
- Foundational knowledge of the crypto economy with a strong desire to learn more.
- Proven ability to work within and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, critical thinker and adept at working independently and in a dispersed team environment covering multiple and varied tasks.
- Intuitive, highly ethical and comfortable to question and challenge.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
Nice to Haves:
- Prior experience in a Compliance/Legal/Risk function at a crypto company
- CAMS, PMI, or equivalent certification
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.