Web Engineer (Front-End & Full-Stack)
Who We Are:
Okcoin is one of the world's largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 30 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We're building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Miami, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan. Even though this role is listed in San Francisco, we are remote friendly and believe in you working wherever you work best.
About The Opportunity:
Okcoin is looking for an experienced lead front-end or full-stack engineer that will help us make significant investments in our leading crypto platform. You will lead work on custom sites and experiences for our clients,, and will work on our primary web application, implementing new trading, and eCommerce features with rich, entertaining and easy-to-use interface designs.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Partner with our US design and Product team members, and our backend engineers, to understand and implement new features for the Okcoin platform
- Work with multi-person technical projects from initial design to global launch.
- Collaborate with peers in engineering and product
- Build our web application which is implemented in React, using a REST API that is shared with our mobile app
- Work on UI/UX changes
What We Look For In You:
- 3+ years of industry experience in the area of full-stack development, especially large, customer-facing applications.
- Experience working with complex web applications and backend services.
- Develop Okcoin’s website UI.
- Experience with Rest API development, preferably with Java Springboot in a cloud environment
- Collaborate with Design and Product to bring ideas to life.
- Experience using CI/CD using automated tools and software repositories
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- If you are based in the bay area, a blend of 2+3 or 3+2 in office/WFH schedule (office in San Jose or San Francisco)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with performance optimization for scalable Mobile and Web applications
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and OpenShift
- Passionate about crypto
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- Training & Development Reimbursement
- PTO, company paid holidays, and flexible hours
- UberEats Program
- Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Company Donation Match
Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.