Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 20 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, and Korea, but we believe in you working wherever you work best.
About the Team
The Risk & Compliance function at OKCoin is responsible for the overall compliance culture at the company. We’re a team of risk-minded problem solvers who advise the business on the company’s regulatory obligations and enterprise risk. We’re also deeply committed to moving the needle on risk and compliance standards for the crypto industry, building products in a compliant way, and protecting the company from financial, regulatory and reputational risks. Our team consists of seasoned risk and compliance professionals who are based across our global offices.
About the Opportunity
This is a highly-impactful role at one of the fastest-growing global cryptocurrency exchanges headquartered in San Francisco, CA. The Team Lead - Fraud Investigations is responsible for leading a team of investigators responsible for reviewing cases identified through our monitoring systems for potential money laundering, terrorist financing, Bank Secrecy Act violations and other fraud related issues such as wire, ACH or card fraud. The right candidate has prior experience managing a team within a financial institution or FinTech company, with strong Compliance and Risk investigation experience.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage the investigation team, supervise and design prioritization matrix for handling cases, alerts and all referrals to the team;
- Support the build out of our investigative function to ensure compliance with internal standards and all applicable laws and regulations;
- Support the weekly and monthly risk publications and assessment reports, analyzing changes in fraud patterns;
- Mentor and assist with skill development of new investigators, and ensure the team meets key team performance standards;
- Monitor timeliness for case updates and escalating to management as necessary;
- Review case reports and ensure high quality work from investigators; and
- Develop healthy partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to enhance investigative processes and minimize the company's risk;
What We Look For In You:
- 5+ years of experience with fraud prevention, fraud data analysis, and investigations;
- 2+ years of direct experience managing teams with a focus on staff development and personal growth;
- Demonstrated skills in managing multiple KPI’s, projects, and new product initiatives in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Possess a high level of accountability and ownership of team success;
- Strong ability to analyze money laundering schemes and fraud patterns. Focus on data driven results;
- Work cooperatively and builds consensus at peer levels within department;
- Knowledge of basic SQL and/or dashboard creation and demonstrates a willingness to learn data systems and up-level proficiency;
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment; and
- Capacity to build and maintain strong relationships with internal/external partners.
Nice to Haves:
- Crypto/Blockchain investigation experience;
- Advanced Excel skills, and the ability to write and execute SQL/Python are desirable;
- Training on blockchain analytic tools, such as Elliptic;
- Experience working with teams across offices and timezones;
- Relevant AML/Fraud certifications e.g. Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), etc.;
- Fluency in a second language (Mandarin, Spanish, Korean, etc.); and
- Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree.
Highlights of Perks and Benefits
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible PTO policy, company paid holidays, and flexible hours
- UberEats Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
OKCoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.