Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 20 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, and Korea, but we believe in you working wherever you work best.
About the Team
Our growing UX Research group works to swiftly deliver research-backed insights regarding our current and potential users to stakeholders across Product, Design, and Marketing. We directly contribute to the development and growth of Okcoin’s various product lines, as well as marketing and positioning campaigns. Additionally, we are charged with constantly measuring, testing, and iterating to optimize the overall cross-platform, global user experience. We are a growing, multi-cultural, and remote/decentralized team with a passion for making Bitcoin, crypto, and DeFi accessible to all.
About the Opportunity:
Okcoin's customer base is evolving as more everyday people embark on their crypto-finance journey. We are seeking an experienced researcher to help us augment growth initiatives and get deeper with testing across key product teams, as well as work on broader international growth opportunities. As our second research hire, you will be an instrumental part of the team, advising on roadmaps and decision-making for Okcoin’s products, features, and growth campaigns. Success will be measured by designing, executing, and sharing out research cross-company which helps to move the needle on user-centric and growth KPIs, as well as continuing to be an ambassador for integrating research across teams.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Embedding yourself in some of our most high-growth teams/initiatives to deeply understand and prioritize their research needs, and increasing the breadth of our insights by independently designing, executing, and presenting impactful mixed-methods research.
- Using research to identify and solve general UX problems, working in tandem with UX Writing, Designers, and Marketing to optimize overall UX including design elements and copy through rapid user testing/prototyping.
- Leveraging ongoing usability testing and research to make recommendations around how to best educate and build for current and future users across personas and markets, through content, copy, design, and UX optimizations.
- Assisting with Research Ops tasks for the team like scheduling interviews and processing invoices and incentives, as needed.
What We Look For In You:
- 3-5+ years of mixed-methods research experience; ideally in a product setting.
- Confident with end-to-end research design utilizing various mixed-methods like usability testing, in-depth interviews, focus groups, card sorts, ideation sessions, ethnographies, A/B testing, and survey research.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- RIVA, Burke Institute, Nielsen Norman Group or other formalized training in qual methodologies preferred.
- Willingness to help with Research Ops tasks like distributing incentives, scheduling interviews, etc. (Bonus if this is a particular area of interest for you!)
- Able to not only report on data and insights, but have ‘bigger picture’ understanding of what the strategic impact is, and how we can fill in the ‘why’ behind the data with existing or future user research findings.
- Know how to incorporate complex technical, financial, and business requirements and terms into research, in a way that is approachable and empathetic to research participants/internal audiences.
- Willingness to become obsessed with Bitcoin, crypto, Defi and/or blockchain (Bonus if you already are!)
- Actively seeking to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment which is never boring nor predictable :)
Nice to Haves:
- Fluent in Mandarin and/or Spanish
- Experience conducting research for Latin American and/or U.S. Hispanic audiences
- Existing passion for Bitcoin, crypto, DeFi, and/or blockchain
- Expertise with SQL (advanced queries), R, and/or Python.
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible PTO policy, company paid holidays, and flexible hours
- UberEats Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
OKCoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.