Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and dozens of other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan, but we believe in you working wherever you work best.
The Design team at OKCoin is a group of multidisciplinary creatives. We believe in blending the best of visual and experience design to create delightful products for our customers. Product Design is a strategic, user-centric, and data-informed function within the Design team. We value craft and intuitive interaction to solve complex design problems—balancing user needs and business objectives.
OKCoin is seeking a Product Designer to join us in making crypto accessible to everyone. As a Product Designer for Platform, you will work alongside other designers and cross-functional peers to build the Design System here at OKCoin. The Platform team is responsible for several of the underlying infrastructure the company depends on. The Design System is core to that objective.
Our Design System powers millions of transactions every-day and thus needs to be robust, yet simple, and intuitive. You will be responsible to partner with cross-functional peers to define components, interaction patterns, and foundational elements to the user experience. You will support the design system through evaluative research, pixel-perfect mockups, high-fidelity prototypes, and thoughtful interaction design.
- Own the execution and evolution of the Design System here at OKCoin by designing, refining, and documenting intuitive and robust components.
- Partner with cross-functional peers within Product and Engineering to define initiatives and create a world-class Design System.
- Collaborate closely with Design, Brand, and Product leadership to shape the overall vision and product strategy of your area of ownership.
- Consistently elevate the quality of the design by soliciting feedback from peers and stakeholders through formal Design Review, presentations, and by facilitating design thinking workshops.
- Evangelize systems thinking and drive for consistent, high-quality craft by collaborating with designers throughout the organization.
- Work closely with Engineering to build robust, stateful components in Figma for React.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, HCI, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5 years of relevant industry experience in a Product Design, Interaction Design, or UX Design role.
- Strong communication skills and experience collaborating with cross-functional teams of Designers, Product Manager, Engineers, UX Writers, and Researchers.
- Familiarity of designing for multiple platforms including native and responsive design.
- Systems thinking and experience building robust Design Systems and components in Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, or Framer.
- Strong knowledge of Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and Google’s Material Design.
- Experience using qualitative or quantitative data to inform and measure the impact of the work.
- Ability to mentor other designers on IxD, Design System, and patterns.
- Experience designing for Fintech, Investment platforms, or Crypto products.
- Experience working with teams across offices and timezones.
- Understanding of React framework for Front End development.
- Ability to travel internationally about 10% of the time.
- Fluent in Chinese.
OKCoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.