Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and dozens of other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan, but we believe in you working wherever you work best.
The Design team at Okcoin is a group of multidisciplinary creatives that believe in blending the best of visual and experience design to create delightful products for our customers. Product Design is a strategic, user-centric, and data-informed function within the Design team. We value craft and intuitive interaction to solve complex design problems — balancing user needs and business objectives.
Okcoin is building mobile-first products and features that cater to retail investors as we evolve the business beyond the core trader customer base. We have made it easier to buy and sell crypto and provide access to passive income earning opportunities, but we need to continue innovating and rounding out the retail offering. Okcoin is seeking a Product Designer to join us on this quest to make crypto accessible to everyone.
As a Product Designer on the Retail team, you will own the core transaction workflows, display of data and key features from strategy through to execution. You will craft experiences based on research, data and insights that delight millions of customers worldwide.
- Support the product development process with wireframes, user flows, journey maps, high-fidelity mockups, interactive prototypes, and evaluative research.
- Partner with cross-functional peers within Product and Engineering in the US and overseas to define initiatives and create thoughtful solutions—representing design and being the voice for the user throughout the product lifecycle.
- Collaborate closely with UX Research, UX Writing, Brand, and Product leadership to shape the overall design vision of your area of ownership.
- Consistently elevate the quality of the design by soliciting feedback from peers and stakeholders through formal Design Reviews, presentations and by facilitating design thinking workshops.
- Mentor other designers throughout the organization on craft, quality, experience, and processes.
- Work with data, whether qualitative or quantitative to make informed design decisions.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in a Product Design, Interaction Design, or UX Design role.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, HCI, or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams of Designers, Product Manager, Engineers, UX Writers, and Researchers.
- Familiarity designing for multiple platforms including native and responsive design.
- Proficient in systems-thinking and the ability to contribute and define patterns in Figma, Sketch, or Adobe XD.
- Strong understanding of experimentation and moderated research techniques using qualitative or quantitative data to inform and measure the impact of the work.
- Comfortable facilitating design thinking workshops or design sprints with peers, stakeholders, and leadership.
- Experience designing for Fintech, Investment platforms, or Crypto products.
- Experience working with global teams across offices and timezones.
- A desire to mentor cross-functional peers and evangelize for great design.
- Ability to travel internationally about 10% of the time.
- Fluent in Mandarin.
OKCoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.