Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 20 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, and Korea, but we believe in you working wherever you work best.
About the Team:
Localization team enables our products to be accessible in 15+ languages globally. At Okcoin, our mission is to “Take care of our team, promote and advance crypto globally, and empower every individual in the world”. We have a small and agile team, working closely with cross- functional stakeholders and vendors to enable international language launches and continuous localization of all user-facing surfaces.
About the Opportunity:
The localization intern will work with other Localization Program Managers to coordinate project schedules, resources, status reports and deliverables within time, quality and cost parameters. You will also work with cross-functional teams to manage feedback and issues for our localization service provider(s), including but not limited to linguistic and functional queries, and keep language assets well maintained and updated. You are expected to work full-time during 2021 Summer holiday, with the possibility to extend if applicable.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Execute on the localization schedule work with vendors to ensure that deliveries are completed correctly and on time
- Collaborate upstream with Localization Program Managers on all aspects of new product/language launches
- Managing queries from vendors, collaborating with relevant stakeholders to resolve questions or conflicts related to terminology and language quality.
- Track and manage language related tickets internally
- Maintain/update language related assets(terminologies) in translation management systems
What We Look For In You:
- Bachelor's, or Master’s degree, in CS, Localization, Language Studies, or International Studies
- Working knowledge of industry standard localization tools such as TMS, CAT, and CMS tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of internationalization and localization standards, and localization testing best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to Haves:
- 1-2 years of prior localization project management experience
- Proficiency in one or more languages in addition to English(Indonesian, Vietnamese, Mandarin, Spanish, Portuguese and Russian are preferred)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Experience or knowledge of mobile app (iOS, Android)internationalization and localization projects
- Action oriented, dedicated self-starter
Benefits for Students:
- Get hands-on working experience and refine skills to prepare transition into a job
- Explore career path opportunities
- Receive financial compensation
- Curriculum relevant practices can be considered as practicum for credits
Okcoin Statement: Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.