Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 20 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Japan. but we believe in you working wherever you work best.
About the Team
The Compliance function at OKCoin is responsible for the overall compliance culture at the company. We’re a team of risk-minded problem solvers who advise the business on the company’s regulatory obligations and enterprise risk. We’re also deeply committed to moving the needle on compliance standards for the crypto industry, building products in a compliant way, and protecting the company from financial, regulatory and reputational risks. Our team consists of seasoned risk and compliance professionals who are based across our global offices.
What You'll be Doing:
- Provide daily support for our licensing program and regulatory maintenance and reporting activities.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with our internal policies and procedures, and all international and US regulatory requirements for the USA entity.
- Provide administrative support for new State NMLS applications and regulatory examinations as needed.
- Research customer accounts and provide responses to ad hoc bank requests and/or audits.
- Responsible for performing enhanced due diligence reviews for high risk customers
- Review unusual activity reports escalated by Investigation team and make recommendation to AML Officer on whether to file a SAR
- Assist with drafting and filing SARs consistent with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) requirements
- Perform testing activities to develop independent conclusions regardings effectiveness of our compliance program
- Update Compliance policies, procedures, and training for the USA entity
- Review customer applications escalated by the KYC onboarding team and answer questions from the Business Development team as needed
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies and improvements to the USA Compliance Program while ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
What We Look For in You:
- 2+ years of experience in compliance within financial services, FinTech or cryptocurrency industries
- Bachelor's degree qualifications required
- Good understanding of the core pillars of an effective AML/CTF and Sanctions programs and applicable legislation in the USA
- Proven ability to work within and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- SQL programming experience preferred
- Detail-oriented, proactive, and well organized
- Self-motivated, critical thinker and adept at working independently and in a dispersed team environment covering multiple and varied tasks
- Intuitive, highly ethical and comfortable to question and challenge
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
Nice to Haves:
- Prior experience with state money transmitter regulatory licensing requirements
- Generalist Compliance experience (Code of Ethics, product compliance, operational risk, BCP/DR, SEC/FINRA background)
- CAMS/CTF/CFE certification
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible PTO policy, company paid holidays, and flexible hours
- UberEats Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
OKCoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.