Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 20 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Japan. but we believe in you working wherever you work best.
About the Team
The Compliance function at OKCoin is responsible for the overall compliance culture at the company. We’re a team of risk-minded problem solvers who advise the business on the company’s regulatory obligations and enterprise risk. We’re also deeply committed to moving the needle on compliance standards for the crypto industry, building products in a compliant way, and protecting the company from financial, regulatory and reputational risks. Our team consists of seasoned risk and compliance professionals who are based across our global offices.
About the Opportunity
The successful candidate will think big about the future of crypto and how you can bring individual investors and institutions into the crypto economy more quickly. You’ll own the strategic direction and go-to-market strategy, including the ideal customer segment, roadmap, value proposition and messaging. You will possess the ability and willingness to balance customer needs with business priorities and articulate the rationale behind decisions.
At your core, you’ll thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, process-driven environment and be able to adapt and adjust plans on-the-fly. You must also have strong prioritization skills and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done. Most importantly, you’ll drive results and significantly grow the adoption of OKCoin products and features.
What You’ll Be Doing
Markets & Asset Listings
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to discuss new projects and pipeline prioritization and maintain close working relationships with the Listing Team, Legal, Technology & Token Listing Committee.
- Conduct compliance risk assessments, ongoing reviews and due diligence for new assets being considered for listing on OKCoin, working with our Legal Team and Compliance Analysts globally.
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies and improvements to the Asset Listing Process and global policy while ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Work with Product and Technology to implement a market surveillance system and develop procedures for ongoing monitoring of market activity on the exchange.
- Ensure compliance with our internal policies and procedures, and all international and US regulatory requirements.
IT Compliance & Data Privacy
- Work closely with our IT Security Manager and CISO to interpret and communicate regulatory requirements and best practices required of our IT systems and processes.
- Working closely with our Legal Team, develop documentation and disclosures in compliance with global consumer and data privacy principles.
- Act as a representative for compliance vendors including Due diligence, the RFP process and annual risk assessments
- Handle special projects as needed to enhance or improve our compliance controls globally
What We Look For In You:
- 10+ years of experience in compliance or legal in the financial services, Fintech or cryptocurrency industries
- Prior experience as a BSA Officer, Compliance Manager or other Risk & Compliance role for a regulated financial services or FinTech company
- Prior experience overseeing SOC audits is a plus.
- Strong project management skills and an ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with others
- Strong research and analytical skills and the ability to conduct thorough research into different cryptocurrencies and asset types
- Self-motivated, critical thinker adept at working independently and in a dispersed team environment covering multiple and varied tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Professional AML/CTF compliance training or accreditation (CAMS)
- Bachelor's degree or other higher education qualifications
Nice to Haves:
- Prior experience conducting cryptocurrency reviews for an exchange or other blockchain company preferred.
- Passionate about crypto
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible PTO policy, company paid holidays, and flexible hours
- UberEats Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
OKCoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.