Who We Are:
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and dozens of other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan, but we believe in you working wherever you work best.
About the Opportunity:
The successful candidate will think big about the future of crypto. You’ll build a local engineering team in the Bay Area that extends the Asian development team. You will own the strategic direction for the team, establishing best practices and scaling along the way.
At your core, you’ll thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, process-driven environment and be able to adapt and adjust plans on-the-fly. You must also have strong prioritization skills and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done. You need to enjoy the opportunity of working with a diverse and distributed team. Most importantly, you’ll drive results and significantly grow the adoption of OKCoin products and features.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Build a world-class team of Software Engineers (with a critical mass in the Bay Area, supplemented with other remote locations as needed)
- Create and execute a staffing plan aligned with our business needs and technology vision
- Embed with Asian engineering leadership and carve out distinct platform ownership and collaboration synergies
- Establish mentorship and coaching structures in order to drive personal and professional development
- Create process and best practices that scale, driving execution and leading by example
- Develop a strategic technology vision for our platform, addressing customer needs within the context of our unique business dynamics
- Partner with senior leadership in Product, Design and Marketing in US as well as partners in Asia to drive rapid innovation in cross-functional teams
- Shape business direction and strategic company initiatives as a member of the leadership team, reporting to the CEO
What We Look For In You:
- Extensive experience cultivating high-performing, lean agile engineering teams
- Experience with scaling back-end, payments, front-end/mobile technology
- An execution focus based on iterative, incremental development that embraces learning from failure
- Proven track record of attracting and retaining talent
- Experience leveraging engineering expertise in cross-functional teams and externally, helping others see the tradeoffs in key decisions.
- Fluency in Mandarin and English
- Open to traveling to Asia from time to time
- Experience working with teams across offices and timezones
Nice to Haves:
- Passionate about crypto
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible PTO policy, company paid holidays, and flexible hours
- UberEats Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
OKCoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.