Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 20 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, and Korea, but we believe in you working wherever you work best.
About the Team:
The HR team is focused on attracting, developing and retaining amazing employees. Our responsibilities include:
- Supporting the International group’s business growth through recruiting and hiring.
- Establishing recruiting infrastructure, which includes employer branding and talent attraction.
- Building a strong culture that drives business and helps employees thrive.
- Overseeing compensation, rewards and recognition.
About the Opportunity:
We’re looking for a passionate HR Professional to join our team as a HR Generalist. This role requires great communication skills and the ability to with autonomy and serves as a bridge between the Malta team, the US HR and other HR teams, including the Shared Service Center in Beijing and Hong Kong. This role will report into the Head of People.
At your core, you’ll thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, process-driven environment and be able to adapt and adjust plans on-the-fly. You must also have strong prioritization skills and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Provide full-cycle HR services from onboarding to offboarding
- Work closely with the People team on improving HR procedures and overall employee experience
- Serve as a liaison between Malta Office and other offices, especially in HR capacity
- Advise management on HR best practices in accordance with local regulations
- Administer HR reporting
- Administer employee benefits
- Execute talent management initiatives, e.g, arranging new hire orientations, OKR settings and follow-ups, employee trainings, etc.
- Build effective relationships with internal customers and internal and external resources
- Research and communicate HR best practices with the broader HR team
- Document HR practices and procedures into HR SOP/playbook
- Collaborate on special HR projects as needed
- Coordinate office-related topics
What We Look For In You:
- 5+ years of HR experience, preferably as an HR Generalist
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field preferred
- Fluent in English
- In-depth understanding of employee lifecycle and HR protocols
- Knowledge of Maltese and European employment laws, regulations, and common practices
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and navigate in a rapidly-changing and fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage local recruiting
- Possess an analytical and research-oriented mindset
- Experience with Microsoft suite, Google suite, Greenhouse
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with payroll
- Relevant experience in a global high-tech company
- Strong passion for crypto
- Familiarity with compliance and best practices in EU jurisdictions other than Malta
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package including basic salary and annual bonus
- Comprehensive medical insurance package that covers pre-existing conditions
- Company paid holidays, and flexible hours
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
OKCoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.