OKCoin is on a mission to make crypto investing and trading more accessible to anyone around the world. We are building the next generation of tools to help onboard the investors and traders who have been on the fence about crypto.
OKCoin is a global exchange with its HQ in San Francisco and offices in Malta, Hong Kong and Singapore. We are a collective of global citizens with a common passion to help decentralize finance and level the economic playing field for everyone around the world.
The Compliance Monitoring Specialist will be an integral member of the OKCoin EU compliance team based in Malta. The main purpose of this position is to support and oversee the execution of EU compliance monitoring activities while supporting licensing and audit documentation gathering.
- Assist with the preparation and gathering of licensing-related documentation, AML audits and regulatory filings
- Liaise internally with the corporate secretary and internal/external legal to obtain documentation to be used for the above.
- Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of the independent risk-based Compliance Monitoring Program consisting of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Compliance reviews across all EU regulated activities.
- Carrying out Compliance testing/sampling in line with compliance monitoring procedures.
- Assist the Compliance Officer with the methodology and applicable procedures for the Compliance Monitoring Program.
- Completion of risk assessments and risk registers.
- To identify potential compliance gaps that are presented during the compliance reviews and to access the effectiveness of policies and procedures.
- Record any compliance monitoring findings and produce a clear plan of action for resolution of all identified issues.
- To monitor, assess and report on the status of remedial action identified until resolved.
- Where identified issues have not been resolved in a timely manner and in line with regulatory requirements to escalate accordingly to the Compliance Officer.
- To produce and maintain a compliance monitoring calendar.
What we will look for in you:
- University Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years Compliance and Risk experience
- Prior experience carrying out compliance testing/reviews
- Experience working with regulators and legal counsel would be an advantage
- Precise and detail oriented with an eye and the initiative to detect areas of process improvement
- Possesses good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and with urgency in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Knowledge of PMLFTR and the VFA Rulebook would be desirable
OKCoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.