OKCoin is on a mission to make crypto investing and trading more accessible to anyone around the world. We are building the next generation of tools to help onboard the investors and traders who have been on the fence about crypto.
OKCoin is a globally licensed exchange with offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan and Korea. We are a collective of global citizens with a common passion to help decentralize finance and level the economic playing field for everyone around the world.
This is a highly-impactful role at one of the fastest-growing global cryptocurrency exchanges based in SF-SOMA (with stunning views of the Bay Bridge). The Digital Asset Listing Manager is part of the Risk & Compliance team responsible for the compliance risk assessment reviews for all digital assets being considered for listing on OKCoin.
The right candidate has prior experience working with a cryptocurrency exchange or blockchain company and has detailed knowledge and understanding of US Securities laws and the Bank Secrecy Act. This individual must also have prior experience conducting digital asset reviews for an exchange or other blockchain company.
- Conduct compliance risk assessments for new assets being considered for listing on OKCoin
- Research prospective new assets based on primary research (whitepapers, Github, LexisNexis, marketing materials, and social media) and external discussions with the project team
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to discuss new projects and pipeline prioritization and maintain close working relationships with the Listing Team, Legal, Technology & Token Listing Committee.
- Ensure compliance with our internal policies and procedures, and all international and US regulatory requirements
- Perform due diligence on potential new assets and the project teams, in line with global AML / CFT & Sanctions requirements and escalate any issues to the CCO and General Counsel
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies and improvements to the Asset Listing Process and global policy while ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Handle special projects as needed to enhance or improve our compliance controls globally
- 5+ years of experience in compliance or legal in the financial services or cryptocurrency industries
- Prior experience conducting cryptocurrency reviews for an exchange or other blockchain company
- Strong research and analytical skills and the ability to conduct thorough research into different cryptocurrencies and asset types
- Self-motivated, critical thinker adept at working independently and in a dispersed team environment covering multiple and varied tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Professional AML/CTF compliance training or accreditation (CAMS)
- Bachelor's degree or other higher education qualifications