OKCoin is on a mission to make crypto investing and trading more accessible to anyone around the world. We are building the next generation of tools to help onboard the investors and traders who have been on the fence about crypto.
OKCoin is a global exchange with offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan and Korea. We are a collective of global citizens with a common passion to help decentralize finance and level the economic playing field for everyone around the world.
About the Team:
Our Risk Team is at the heart of managing and balancing risk and reward for our global platform. While still in its early stages of development, this is a great opportunity to bring your extensive knowledge and experience to continue building our risk journey. We work closely with all our key stakeholders, such as Compliance, Product, Engineering, Customer Support, Marketing, Finance and Payment Operations to successfully launch various global products while understanding the associated risks and management strategies for business growth.
About the Opportunity:
The risk data analyst intern will be responsible for the development of customer risk rating model using Python and manipulating complicated risk/fraud data and building monitoring dashboards to support the global compliance team and risk fraud team for various types of risk mitigation and regulatory compliance projects at OKCoin.
At your core, you’ll thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, process-driven environment and be able to adapt and adjust plans on-the-fly. You must also have strong prioritization skills and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done. Most importantly, you’ll drive results and significantly support the growth and adoption of OKCoin products, features and services.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Upgrade the existing Excel-based Customer Risk Rating Model using Python
- Build and maintain risk monitoring dashboards and case management systems and trackers
- Provide data-driven business insight to support risk and compliance decisions
- Provide analytical muscle to the external teams to demonstrate our core value proposition via ad hoc reports
What We Look For In You:
- 0-2+ years of data analytics experience using Excel, SQL and Python to manipulate data
- Financial modeling experience is a plus
- Ability to manage through complexity to identify solutions and deliver results
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
Nice to Haves:
- You either are already or are eager to become an expert in the blockchain and cryptocurrency landscape and will understand how speculators, traders, digital asset exchanges, blockchain money services businesses and financial institutions operate.
- Familiarity with risk/fraud management
- Experience working with teams across offices and timezones.
OKCoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.