OKCoin is on a mission to make crypto investing and trading more accessible to anyone around the world. We are building the next generation of tools to help onboard the investors and traders who have been on the fence about crypto.
OKCoin is a globally licensed exchange with offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan and Korea. We are a collective of global citizens with a common passion to help decentralize finance and level the economic playing field for everyone around the world.
A unique and highly-impactful role at one of the fastest-growing global cryptocurrency exchanges based in SF-SOMA (with stunning views of the Bay Bridge). The USA Compliance Manager is reporting to the USA BSA Officer and is responsible for day to day execution of our compliance program for the US entity and overseeing the state licensing efforts.
Responsibilities also include executing controls for our US compliance program around customer onboarding, sanctions, transaction monitoring and suspicious activity reporting. This individual must have prior compliance experience in the crypto or fintech industry and working knowledge of US state MTL compliance and reporting requirements.
- Responsible for supporting the US BSA/AML Officer in all Risk and Compliance matters and as an additional point of contact for local regulators, and internal stakeholders.
- Supporting the US BSA/AML Officer in responding to regulatory requests, state and federal examinations and law enforcement inquiries for the US entity
- Execute on our risk assessment, processes, controls and procedures, while meeting obligations of international and local regulatory laws and requirements
- Execution of due diligence responsibility requirements of our AML / CFT & Sanctions Program, including escalations from the onboarding team for institutional accounts and high risk customers
- Coordinate with the Global Investigations team to identify, review and report unusual or suspicious activity on the platform
- Handle special projects as needed to enhance or improve our compliance controls globally
- Handle queries and questions on the Compliance Program from the business and support functions
- Continually identify opportunities for efficiencies while escalating any controls deficiencies
- 5+ years of experience in compliance within the financial services or cryptocurrency industries
- Bachelor's degree or other higher education qualifications required
- Good understanding of the core pillars of an effective AML/CTF and Sanctions programs and applicable legislation in the USA
- Prior experience with state licensing and working in the NMLS system
- Professional AML/CTF compliance training or accreditation (CAMS)
- Self-motivated, critical thinker and adept at working independently and in a dispersed team environment covering multiple and varied tasks
- Intuitive, highly ethical and comfortable to question and challenge
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
OKCoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.