Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 20 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, and Korea, but we believe in you working wherever you work best.
About the Opportunity
As the Product Manager for Payments, you will build and improve Okcoin's payment systems that powers money movement to help our customers gain access to a wide array of crypto assets. The scope of this role includes integrations with international payment providers, designing new payment methods, monitoring the data from our payment systems. You will be designing and building payment and banking services from foundational services to public APIs. You’ll be joining our growing product team to help define the future of our company and product. If you are an entrepreneurial product leader, who doesn’t hesitate to propose bold ideas and roll up your sleeves to put them into action, this role will be a great fit for you.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Develop features and capabilities to facilitate retail payments experience focused on international markets driving 10x transaction growth on Okcoin platform
- Work closely with product designers, data analysts, and engineering teams to define detailed product requirements, review technical capabilities, prioritize projects, and create new opportunities
- Plan, organize, deliver and measure new product features to the market, and drive global product launches and ongoing product adoption
- Oversee the design, development and management of real-time payment systems with an eye to combat fraud.
- Understand financial and operational inefficiencies and optimize processes
- Identify market opportunities and upcoming compliance requirements, build business cases, and define product vision and strategy
- Drive strategic alignment and enroll other teams into your product vision and align roadmaps to ensure cohesive product functionality and value proposition
- Use relentless customer understanding and empathy to discover and define the right problems and products we should be pursuing
- Balance and prioritize new features and align them with the product vision. Manage competing priorities with consistency and transparency
- Stay informed of the overall market landscape, including competitors and potential partners
- Monitor key product metrics and continuously improve them through ongoing product iteration
What We Look For In You:
- 5+ years of product management, TPM, or software engineering experience
- Previous experience designing and building payments systems at global scale
- Prior product leadership experience with a track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Entrepreneurial mindset: Experience working in a fast-paced environment with competing resources and priorities. Opinionated and willing to make calls with limited information. Ability to navigate through ambiguity to advocate for resources
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; ability to translate strategy into clear and actionable plans for Product Development, Engineering, Design and Marketing
- Technical, comfortable with delving into the product, the platform and the implementation details. Able to engage with engineering beyond just product and user experience needs; willing to roll up sleeves and design scalable and extensible solutions
- Metrics driven with proficiency in identifying, defining, tracking and acting upon metrics Experience identifying KPIs and working with engineering and analytics on instrumentation and monitoring
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency exchanges and passion for crypto and blockchain innovations
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline
Nice to Haves:
- Past experience working with payments systems or crypto platforms is strongly preferred
- Backend / TPM experience and/or experience at FinTech companies preferred
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
OKCoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.